Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finshed installing a new motherboard, video card, and powersupply, everything works fine. EXCEPT when I try to boot with a USB device connected ( MX510 ) my computer will not start up. It goes to the bootup screen shows my processor, and freezes. If I unhook the mouse, and use the PS/2, everything runs fine. Can anyone help me fix this?
thanks

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Go into you BIOS, I'm not sure exactly where it will be on your BIOS, but there will be a option to disable USB during boot. Just do that and it will work fine.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find anything about USB booting. I did find a "boot from other device" on my boot sequence page, and I disabled that, but its still freezing.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyS

I can't find anything about USB booting. I did find a "boot from other device" on my boot sequence page, and I disabled that, but its still freezing.

Find the Plug and Play setting is the BIOS. Set for OS Plug and Play, not BIOS plug and play. Maybe that will help.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the "pnp configuration" setting, the only options are -

Primary graphic's adapter - pci/pciEx

Resources controlled by - Manual/Auto
(if Manual )
IRQ Resources Setup -

IRQ-3 assigned to
IRQ-4 assigned to

etc etc etc etc

Maximum Payload Size -

I have no idea about any of those things

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

there is no option to disable BIOS plug and play?

Nope, what I just listed is exactly whats there. Unless theres a way to get more options?

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
I am not very familiar with MSI BIOS, sorry. Other than what I said the best bet is to update the BIOS. See if that helps?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts