Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a few USB devices in the house, 2 USB sticks and one expensive camera. The camera will not be recognised so my dads yelling at me asking what I screwed up (which was absolutely nothing) although the card works when plugged into his laptop card reader. So one day I plug one of the USB sticks in and it won't be recognized, so my dad sends me to the forms to figure out whats wrong. Please help.

·
Registered
505 Posts
well you likely need software support to reconize a camera unless it is already configed to work as a mass storage device, look in the manual for the camera and see if it gives you directions like "menu > pc > connect" or soemthing like that in the camera's menu. if you hook it up without that option being on, the comptuer will not know what youre doing.

also try turning off the camera, then plugging it in, this is how my nikon works, when i plug it in, the screen activates and says pc / printer ? and as soon as i choose pc it swtches to mass storage and uploads all pictures for viewing

now the usb drive not working
idunno

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it worked before and it was with no drivers or software what so ever, now it's being weird, power surge screwed it up maybe, we're also considering a RMA ATM.

·
Registered
505 Posts
right but a windows update can easily change that, or a small setting on the camera

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've searched through the camera settings, nothing to be found. Blame Microsoft?

·
Registered
505 Posts
did you look through the camera's manual

how does the camera store pictures? is there a card? do you have a reader?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My mom looked through the manual, it's a video camera, it stores pictures on a SD card.

·
Registered
507 Posts
this happened to me yesterday, this is how i fixed mine.

click on windows orb
type device manager in search box.
scroll down to usb.
is there any with a yellow question mark or red x?
if so, right click and select properties
search for driver.
also click disable device and click apply.
then click enable device and click apply.
windows will ask to restart. do it.
my problem was fixed.

ps. i caused this problem. when in computer, i right clicked over memory card and selected safely remove.
windows thought i wanted to remove the usb port and not the memory card DOH!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No dice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts