Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I got my self a usb flash drive and works well with data files however when I store pictures on them and try to open them up a few pictures out the bunch gets cut off with the bottom layer all green some with the whole pictures being green like if someone threw green slime on the pictures lol its weird.. what can cause this?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Drive is going bad and picture files are more sensitive to data corruption? I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
the drive is either going bad, maybe a format (not a quick one) will help. It could also be your computer that your using to write and read as well. The same happened at my school computers except i was making a very important web design project, turned out it was the computer that was messing up all my files on my thumb drive

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JrockMOD View Post
hey guys I got my self a usb flash drive and works well with data files however when I store pictures on them and try to open them up a few pictures out the bunch gets cut off with the bottom layer all green some with the whole pictures being green like if someone threw green slime on the pictures lol its weird.. what can cause this?
Have you replicated the problem on all of the USB ports on your computer? If so, then it's (likely) the drive you got. Otherwise, it could be a port issue, or it could just be dust in the port causing a bad connection, or some such....

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not the computer cause I grab some pics from other computers I have and all did the same... if its the drive as many you mentioned.. is there a fix? or do i have to send it to the manufacture?

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Try to format it and see.
If its really old and heavily used, then the drive might have reached its read/write limit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts