Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BSOD when usb plugged intoa USB port interfaced to a RTDI IC on an external board.

The board is a Xiinx APP board wit an ARTIX-7 FPGA. It interfaces to the PC through a USB 2.0 port configured as a COM using Teraterm. My rig is an ASUS Sabertooth.

I have this set up on a Dell 630 laptop running Win 10 and Win 7 without incident, so there's nothing wrong with any of the basic setup. I have managed to get the com port to be recognized in the Device manager, but I still crash when I plucg into the port on the Xilinx App board.

I've tried everything. Been stuck on this for a month or more.

The error msg before the bsod brings the curtaion down IS this:

"NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS"

It only lasts for a few seconds before BSOD and then shutdown.

This messgae worries me because lots of other problems can spring up when IRP stack locations can't be found.

I could really use a clue here fellas.

Thanks,

-Patrick

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Not sure if this will work or not but do you have like an option to enable and disable serial ports in the bios? Check to see if they are enabled. Also if I'm thinking of the right board, you might need the FTDI bus driver.

·
The 6502 Still Rocks
750 Posts
I have the same issue on a Gigabyte Z77 board. What was once a working pair of USB 2.0 ports generates a BSOD whenever anything is plugged into them. I've just moved stuff to other USB ports that still seem to work. The board is too old to replace really, I'd be left with getting a new board and a new CPU due to the socket change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts