Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PC Building Raccoon
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize as i'm sure similar ideas have been thrown around a lot, I just cant find them.

I've had my eye on the Kraken g10 for a long time, the fan/mount that allows you to connect their closed loop cooler directly to the GPU die. The issue is, it's circular and my H100 is one square peg. Are there any products or solutions to put my H100 to good use here? Or would have I have to just purchase a circular closed loop cooler to make this work?

I find the prospect of closed loop gpu cooling to be exciting and i'm guessing way more efficient than stock.

I saw that EVGA finally hopped on board the closed loop train recently with dedicated coolers for this task
http://youtu.be/XiyO5XQhDJQ?t=2m56s
I was just hoping I could use my existing (and much better) H100 solution.

·
Registered
626 Posts
The NZXT G10 bracket only works with the round asetek-style coolers. Your square one should work with the Corsair HG10 bracket, but they don't have the nvidia versions released yet.

·
PC Building Raccoon
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I had no idea Corsair had one of these too...bizarre choice for AMD blower style cards though. You would think they would want to expand their market a bit more.

EDIT: Looking around, it sounds like they should have the nvidia ones out soon, though if it's limited to blower style cards, this is pretty useless for most of us.

EDIT 2: I did find this thread which seems to be a mod of what I have in mind
www.overclock.net/t/1203528/official-nvidia-gpu-mod-club-aka-the-mod/6990
but 700 pages is a bit much to paw through, i'm not even sure if anyone is using Square blocks there.

·
PC Building Raccoon
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I headed over to the Kraken g10 thread and they list the compatible Corsair coolers as: H105, H110, H90, H75, H55 , H50. Sounds like I picked the worst one lol.

I'm guessing it would just be more simple to eat some of the cost of selling this and getting a compatible model rather than trying to make this work; unless someone makes a custom plate out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts