Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick your brain's if I may.

I have got all my parts for my water cooling, but wanted to see what be a good way to set up for my shroud.

Layout planed is.....

I have modded my case to have the Rad in front of my 25cm fan
I then plan to have 2 x 12cm fan's pushing that air onto the Rad.
And then a further 2 x 12 fan's taking the air off the Rad into the case.

I brought a shroud, but where you think would be best to have it, on the intake or exhaust?

·
Registered
781 Posts
hmmmmm ... Ira-k would have better information on this.

However, I've seen that fans in a suction orientation do work better than fans that are blowing. It seems that the fans blowing have greater flow but that flow is unevenly spaced ... while a suction fan has less actual air flow, it's flow is more evenly distributed across the rad surface.
Also, the optimal distance between the fans and the rad is still an unknown but is under testing.

So, I'd recommend the shroud goes on the suction fans ... but if you can afford it ... a shroud on both sides would be best.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by m3nf
View Post

Pick your brain's if I may.

I have got all my parts for my water cooling, but wanted to see what be a good way to set up for my shroud.

Layout planed is.....

I have modded my case to have the Rad in front of my 25cm fan
I then plan to have 2 x 12cm fan's pushing that air onto the Rad.
And then a further 2 x 12 fan's taking the air off the Rad into the case.

I brought a shroud, but where you think would be best to have it, on the intake or exhaust?

I've asked this question before
. Have a look at the thread here

Highly-Annoyed

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
I did a little test with and with-out shrouds and push-pull...On my GTX rad with a high fin count push-pull was best with pull after that and push quite a bit behind....On a lower fin per inch rad it might be entirely different...

...Part 1-Temp's With and With-Out Shrouds

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ira-k View Post
I did a little test with and with-out shrouds and push-pull...On my GTX rad with a high fin count push-pull was best with pull after that and push quite a bit behind....On a lower fin per inch rad it might be entirely different...

...Part 1-Temp's With and With-Out Shrouds
Wow thats a long read
But damn that guys gone to alot to test it all, its great stuff i will say and amazing at the spec some fans say they are and finding different on a test bed.

Very nice link, will have to bookmark that to see whats next on the bed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts