Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've recently acquired a PS3 and a few games such as Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2, but frankly, the controller is just terrible. I absolutely dread using it for FPS's as the analog sticks make my thumbs feel like they're going to fall off.

Anybody know of a way to use a 360 controller on the PS3? (Besides the XCM Cross Battler, because of its input lag)

Or are there controller that will work on the PS3 that are identical to the Xbox 360 controller? I couldn't even imagine playing any games from the CoD series with this PS3 controller, it's just far too unwieldy.

Any and all suggestions are very appreciated, and i will take all into account.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
You might be able to find one that looks similar, but I don't think there's any exactly the same.

But the PS3 controller is smaller than the 360 controller. You could probably crack both open and take the guts out of the PS3 controller and put them in the 360 one (I dunno if you could fit the 360 guts into a PS3 controller). You would probably need to mod the inside a bit, but that's nothing some glue, a dremel, and some scrap plastic couldn't do. You should do it and report back to us

·
Banned
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by vwgti View Post
I picked up one of these http://www.bestbuy.com/site/FragFX+-...=1218115046361 for all my ps3 shooters.
My head hurts just from trying to figure out how I'd use that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriplePlay View Post
You might be able to find one that looks similar, but I don't think there's any exactly the same.

But the PS3 controller is smaller than the 360 controller. You could probably crack both open and take the guts out of the PS3 controller and put them in the 360 one (I dunno if you could fit the 360 guts into a PS3 controller). You would probably need to mod the inside a bit, but that's nothing some glue, a dremel, and some scrap plastic couldn't do. You should do it and report back to us

That would take some serious modding because of the placement of the joysticks and such. But it could be possible, seeing as the PS3 controller has all the same exact buttons as the 360 controller, no more, no less, just named and placed differently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CryWin View Post
I tried a Wired 360 controller on my PS3 before I sold it, it didn't work. I tried a Logitech USB PC controller and it worked though..
From what I have read, the PS3 can use PC controllers, but is hardwired to not accept the 360 controller. Why Sony? Do you hate M$ so much that you don't even want us using their PC controllers on your console?

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1ForFrags View Post
That would take some serious modding because of the placement of the joysticks and such. But it could be possible, seeing as the PS3 controller has all the same exact buttons as the PS3 controller, no more, no less, just named and placed differently.
Wait, are the sticks and everything embedded onto the controller's mainboard? I think I recall that they weren't in the old Xbox (non-360) controllers. I figured that the sticks were separate from the board in the 360 controllers and then wires just led onto the board (which means they could be moved about anywhere within the length of the wires). But I could be wrong. Although I think that the buttons (ABXY, not triggers I don't think) are indeed on the mainboard, so you might need to mod that.

But hey, it could be a fun project! And as long as you don't mess up the PS3 controller, you should be able to just put it back and work fine, as long as you don't really mess something up.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1ForFrags View Post
Hey guys, I've recently acquired a PS3 and a few games such as Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2, but frankly, the controller is just terrible. I absolutely dread using it for FPS's as the analog sticks make my thumbs feel like they're going to fall off.
This is why you should play FPS exclusively on the PC like me

Keyboard + Mouse aim > Thumbstick aim every day of the week and twice on Sunday

·
Banned
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TriplePlay View Post
Wait, are the sticks and everything embedded onto the controller's mainboard? I think I recall that they weren't in the old Xbox (non-360) controllers. I figured that the sticks were separate from the board in the 360 controllers and then wires just led onto the board (which means they could be moved about anywhere within the length of the wires). But I could be wrong. Although I think that the buttons (ABXY, not triggers I don't think) are indeed on the mainboard, so you might need to mod that.

But hey, it could be a fun project! And as long as you don't mess up the PS3 controller, you should be able to just put it back and work fine, as long as you don't really mess something up.
It would be a great project indeed, but I think it'd be a little too complicated to pull off with my knowledge base.

And the 360 joysticks are in fact hard wired into the board as far as I could tell from opening mine up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaSmiley View Post

http://benheck.com/04-14-2007/ps360-controller#more-267

..I wish I had it.

DO WANT.

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
Quote:
My head hurts just from trying to figure out how I'd use that.

Its rather simple, left right middle mouse buttons, r1 r2 r3, buttons on the side the regular buttons. The nunchuck analogue movement, push stick for l3, on front l1 l2 and a frag button, the frag button slows the sensitivity of the mouse down for sniper shots.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.