Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title would it be bad for the fans controlling them by voltage instead of pwm?

I bought 7 ek f4 120 er's all of them sounded like a wheel with no oil, a high pitched squeal.

I have one fan left, was messing with the AQ6 and turned it to voltage control and the noise goes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh i sent the 7 back to ocuk and got my cash back, i bought them last september.

So ordered another 1 a couple of weeks ago thinking that 6 months later ek would have sorted them by now.

Had to believe these fans was released for retail sounding like that.

The noise is a very high pitched, think my hearing is sensitive to high freq electronics.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really struggling to find a near silent fan for use with my rx480's.

Might give the Phanteks PH-F120MP a try.

Spent a shed load of cash on fans and still not found one that's pleasing to the ear and shifts a half decent amount of air.

·
Registered
911 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth1969 View Post

Really struggling to find a near silent fan for use with my rx480's.

Might give the Phanteks PH-F120MP a try.

Spent a shed load of cash on fans and still not found one that's pleasing to the ear and shifts a half decent amount of air.
Give the PWM controlled Darkside Gentle Typhoons a try...I have the regular 2150rpm Tyhpoons and they are awesome for low noise and good flow. I normally run them at about 40% of max rpm and I can barely hear 4 of them on my 480 rad...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth1969 View Post

Yeh i sent the 7 back to ocuk and got my cash back, i bought them last september.

I bought 7 ek f4 120 er's all of them sounded like a wheel with no oil, a high pitched squeal.
The noise is a very high pitched, think my hearing is sensitive to high freq electronics.
Same here! These fans are terrible (i have EK-Vardar F1-120 (1150rpm)). I plan to replace them in the near future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts