Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I'm trying to connect my laptop on my home theater projector thru the VGA port as my laption doesnt have DVI/HDMI. Nothing complicated... The projector is a Panasonic PTAE-1000, 1080p.

Windows 7 detect it as a "generic non-pnp display".

When I get to setting the resolution in the display properties for the projector, I dont see the resolutions that the projector supports, like 1920x1080/60hz. Most resolution shown are 4:3 aspect ratio and the only one available that is 16:9 is 1366x768.

In the advanced display properties, I've tried to change the projector monitor driver from generic non-pnp to "Digital flat planel 1080p" but I still get these weird resolutions choices.

I've checked the projector manual to see the resolutions/signals that it supports thru the VGA input.

I've checked on the Panasonic website and there is no driver for the projector.

Any hint on how to configure windows to show the resolution that the projector actually support?

thanks

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Go to Nvidia or ATI control under one of the display menus you should find something mentioning EDID (Extended display identification data).
Set it to use EDID (Extended display identification data) or default drivers vs Nvidia.
Hope it helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts