·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hardware:
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz
msi mpower motherboard
gigabyte 7950 rev1.0
(this is my one and only pc till i can afford more gear)

i've tried to get both running at the same time, but seem to be doing something wrong in the bios.
either i can get the igpu up and running and the card cant be found or i can get the gpu running and the igpu cant be found.

anyone have this motherboard, or can shed some light on what i'm doing wrong?
i currently am on the gpu and while im mining hard, like right now, its a pain in the butt to do anything on screen.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Connect your motherboard and your GPU to your monitor, and press the Windows key + P and change the monitor mode to "extend"

Then right click on your desktop, go to screen resolution, and make your motherboard output the primary monitor.

Switch inputs to what ever connection your motherboard is on, and you should be good!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pretty sure i've got that.
if its what i'm thinking it then gives me options for allocated ram and other things.

i'll jump into my bios and take screen shots.
brb

·
Registered
810 Posts
That's correct, you want it to be on extend so that way the miner gpu fan control and temperature monitoring works properly while your on your iGPU

Just make sure that when you switch inputs to your iGPU that your taskbar and desktop content shows up, the miner inputt should just show a blank desktop
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats all good, but the igp is suffering from lag also.
couldn't get the bios to take a screen shot, think i need a fat formated drive

but it has something about shared ram, would that cause any issues with my laggy igpu?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts