Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was definitely a strange one seems like micro soft states that it not a very good idea using surge protector with the console, saying any slight restriction to power will stuff things up. i felt this is so ridiculous that i can plug in a huge monster pc into a surge protector and not have any hassle.

smells like BS, maybe not in US because there power is pss weak compered to are you stick a fork in there toaster's it aw that heart over here you burst into flames. and from what it seems on the actual console that the power brick actual down grades it before it let's it through to the console.

i have how ever had trouble with cheap boards before maybe that it. seems pretty screwed they actually want you to just go all wild and just plug it into the wall.

·
OCN Veteran
594 Posts
Quote:
smells like BS, maybe not in US because there power is pss weak compered to are you stick a fork in there toaster's it aw that heart over here you burst into flames.
lol? I don't even...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Personally, I would plug it into a surge protector. When i called up to ask about that one women said she had hers plugged in for 3 yrs with no problems.

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
they just say that since people use crappy broken ones, then might try to blame ms when the Xbox dies. I used to run a gaming program for a library, and we had tons of xboxs hooked up to surge strips without issue.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
actually using a surge protector IS advised, just make sure you have a good ground and that its not a dangerous cheap one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts