Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im looking into buying my own home and seeing as i dont make a lot of money, I'm wondering what some of you out there generally spend for utilities and home/fire/flood insurance. wanting to know so i can see where i stand in my budget.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
First off, this will be hard to determine since we live all over the place, different climates, different companies, etc etc.

If its just you then you're water bill should be the bare minimum, maybe $12 or so. The electric bill will probably always be the highest. It defiantly will be if you have central A/C & heating.

You can get home insurance through your mortgage. They'll add it onto your payments or you can shop around. If you have to have flood insurance, that's gonna hike it up some.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All in all it shouldnt ever break 1k for all those things should it? Closer to the 450-500 per month range?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NameUnknown
View Post

All in all it shouldnt ever break 1k for all those things should it? Closer to the 450-500 per month range?

I think home insurance is $50-$80 or so a month. It's cheap in comparison to car insurance. No idea about water. Electricity is at least $100 for me. I use about 900 Kwh per month, so do the math on what your local utility company charges. Cable/internet is about $130 a month for me getting HD cable and mid speed internet. You also have to pay property tax. My family pays about $800 a year.

·
Banned
1,822 Posts
3 bed 2 bath: $1500
Insurance $100
Power Bill: $170
Water Bill: $70
Sewage Bill: $30
Gas Bill: $30
Cable Bill $50
Internet (business): $65
Phone Bill: $75
Car Bill: $160
Car Insurance: $149

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Not what your max is, but what is your "comfort" zone on what you can spend a month for house+bills and still have left over cash?

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Ahhh man I wish I had a full time job right now making at least 50k after taxes. That would be comfortable living for me.
Paycheck=4166.66
cell phone=84
rent=800 2 bed room 1 bath(my parents own an apartment building. REDUCED RATES FTW)
Water=(landlord i.e parents pay for water)
Light~60
car insurance asumming 3k a year~250
phone and internet 60
Total=1254 with 2912 left over a month. Thats way more money than I know what to do with and food bill at most would be 100 a week cause I would cook and have left overs.

CAN'T WAIT TO GRADUATE COLLEGE AND MOVE OUT 1 MORE YEAR BABY!!!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gex80
View Post

Ahhh man I wish I had a full time job right now making at least 50k after taxes. That would be comfortable living for me.
Paycheck=4166.66
cell phone=84
rent=800 2 bed room 1 bath(my parents own an apartment building. REDUCED RATES FTW)
Water=(landlord i.e parents pay for water)
Light~60
car insurance asumming 3k a year~250
phone and internet 60
Total=1254 with 2912 left over a month. Thats way more money than I know what to do with and food bill at most would be 100 a week cause I would cook and have left overs.

CAN'T WAIT TO GRADUATE COLLEGE AND MOVE OUT 1 MORE YEAR BABY!!!

250 for insurance? What do you drive?

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dronac
View Post

250 for insurance? What do you drive?

I'm 21 in NJ with a car from 1999. Insurance is gonna be on the high side for me. But I'll start paying for my own insurance when I buy my own car which will be a dodge challenger. So I'm estimating 250 a month cause of the hemi.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gex80
View Post

I'm 21 in NJ with a car from 1999. Insurance is gonna be on the high side for me. But I'll start paying for my own insurance when I buy my own car which will be a dodge challenger. So I'm estimating 250 a month cause of the hemi.

Man... I'm paying $70 a month for a $24,000 Jeep with $1500 in mod coverage and 0 deductibles on everything and I'm 21 as well... Is NJ bad on insurance like NY?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts