Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up my watercooling a little while ago and havent been getting the best temperatures. i want it to be a little cooler. How much of a difference does faucet water vs bottled water and with uv dye and without. Do you think i would get better temps with out.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
hmmm...some big negatives here..

1) what are your system specs
2) what is your watercooling setup
3) what are you temps
4) what silver compound are you using

answer these questions and i will be happy to lend some advice!!

also...YOU NEVER USE FAUCET WATER....

coolant: distilled water + anti-corrosive agent

dye is optional - doesn't affect temps that much...unless you put wayyyyyyyyy too much in!

hope that helps, but get back with some detaisl!

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
u should ALWAYS use distilled water (car battery top-up water) with an anti-alge agent, but no the uv cooling fluids do not negativley impact coolin performance

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by silentsoldier
I set up my watercooling a little while ago and havent been getting the best temperatures. i want it to be a little cooler. How much of a difference does faucet water vs bottled water and with uv dye and without. Do you think i would get better temps with out.
I dont have water cooling in my rig so this is purely a scientific guess. Bottled water has minerals in it as well as faucet water which may reduce the cooling quality of the water. For example salt water has a different boiling point in comparison to plain water. Certain adatives, UV dye, may make the water a bit less able to reduce temps, but I doubt that it would make a big difference. I would try using Distilled water and see if that helps. Ther dye couldnt make that much of a difference though.

Sorry I posted a bit late looks like you got the answers.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towlieee
im using like 10 or 20 times the recommended amount of uv dye lol, and im at 33c full load.
Ummm i think that that is the problem use the proper ratios and you should get better temp. Mix that with distilled water as well.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jatw

Ummm i think that that is the problem use the proper ratios and you should get better temp. Mix that with distilled water as well.

33c full load is awsome, what the hell are you talking about? lol

33c full load, 29c idle, 28.4 water temp

im using distilled and zerex also, but the zerex is purple, so I had to add in a tone of dye to make it blue

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
who wants crappy calcium carbonate (or the compound of your choice) depositing in their system? (We have ultra hard water where I live).

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjolnir
who wants crappy calcium carbonate (or the compound of your choice) depositing in their system? (We have ultra hard water where I live).
yea tat stuff will impeed heat transfer as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts