Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright,

so if i have green uv dye going into my watercooling setup, what kind of uv light should i be getting?

green?black?white?

i am new to this uv stuff..

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
a uv light produces a distinctly purple like light, much like a blacklight... colored cathodes will look good with uv reactive stuff but will not make those uv products glow as intended... white will not make them glow either... be skeptical of uv lights that advertise themselves as super bright, it wont do whats its supposed to do when its too bright

·
Registered
965 Posts
i'v noticed soem cold cathodes advertise as UV, but infact there not..

I think only black lights are UV (I may be wrong)
but one site was labling there yellow Cold cathodes, and blue cold cathodes as UV... Almost bought both cause thats what colors I wanted...

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
im almost sure that true UV only comes in the one color, the purple/black, and all the rest are just cathods. If u want UV, go for that.
and also, it depends on what kind of tubing your using, because some types like tygon tubing resists UV light, so it wont even glow.

·
Registered
251 Posts
"UV" stands for Ultra Violet. it is a form of light. alot of people call UV lights "black lights",because of their appearing colour, therfore, you will only see 'black' UV neons/cold cathodes. (they'er actualy very dark violet.) so if u ever see a product claiming to be 'UV' when clearly it isnt 'black', (eg yellow), this isn't a UV/black light.
there are a wide range of UV lights avalible, including;
LED's, strobe lights, normal "house light style" globe, flurecent tubes neons and cold cathodes. the cuase of a UV light to be able to emitt Ultra violet light, is a special coating on the globe itself. im not to sure exaclty how the coating works.
here is a link to how stuff works relating to the matter.

hope this helped! :shades2:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalphreak

Yeah but sunlight is also ultraviolet light.

the radiation from the sun contains UVB. where as a UV light contains UVA.
UVB is the one that will harm you(in unsafe quantities)
UVA will not give u any such effects.(unless u spend 24/7 in a complete UVA enviroment) lol

(this is my 100th post yay!) celebrate good times come on!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts