Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the uv pen mod on my vga+mb.
when I booted, my pc gave several buzz sounds
I installed my previous vga card, and the buzz sounds were gone.
I tought I killed my new vga, my christmas present

10 min later I realised I hadn't connected my 7800gs to my psu when I heard the buzz sounds.

I installed the 7800gs again, with power supply connection.

And it works

I felt like killing my self during that 10 minutes :'(

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
I've done stupider things that has taken me longer than 10 mins to figure out lol.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snerp
View Post

I've done stupider things that has taken me longer than 10 mins to figure out lol.

like what?

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
Doing stupid things and then solving them rock!

OFF TOPIC: Hey killer is that 19" Proview a PL916? I'm trying to get a match set of 19's but can't find another PL916 anywhere...

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killerfromsky
View Post

like what?

once I forgot to connect the power button...yeah

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mashersmasher
View Post

i know how you feel. once i thought i killed my comp for a month because i left the cmos jumper in the wrong position

I think that takes the stupidest thing award.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
So, the UV pen DIDN'T mess up your stuff..correct?

·
Registered
847 Posts
When I was setting up my new comptuer I didn't see a 12V plug in the mobo so I couldn't boot. lol I tried for like half an hour until I realized I had forgotten it. Couldn't see it over my tuniq.

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
I was really confused one day when my PC wouldn't POST. I thought my mobo died, started posting on here about how my mobo was dead or my RAM had died. Turns out on end of my RAM stick had come unhooked...

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I did the UV pen mod, then my AGP slot caught fire and wrecked a 6800Ultra/Celly D 330 and the mobo of course

Not really, a duff PSU made that happen

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
forgot to turn on my pump..........89c....but at least i could say, i had a very pricy waterboiler..........

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cokker
View Post

I did the UV pen mod, then my AGP slot caught fire and wrecked a 6800Ultra/Celly D 330 and the mobo of course

Not really, a duff PSU made that happen

I remember that post too.

You have a Venus????

My story:

Was tinkering with my PC, then it wouldn't post, I looked and a ramsink fell on the mobo, luckily nothing happened.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
20,842 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snerp
View Post

Same.

Built my rig, forgot to plug in the front panel stuff. Had a fit for about a half hour. 'Bout sent my case back since I could turn my computer on via the power button my MB.

<_<

1 - 20 of 29 Posts