Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade the memory stick in my phone and I plan on getting a 2 GB Mini SD Card, but I read somewhere that the 2 GB sticks don't work in those phones. Is this true? Can anyone verify this for me?

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
1GB is the maximum size it recognizes. You could put a 2GB card in, but only 1GB will be read.

• Rep+
Reactions: Dezi

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RyGuy View Post
1GB is the maximum size it recognizes. You could put a 2GB card in, but only 1GB will be read.
There are certain firmwares out there that MAY or MAY NOT exceed the default storage size recognition. But RYGuy is right, right now it will not recognize it...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so should i just get a 2 gb stick and hope that in the near future they will upgrade the firmware or just stick with the 1 gb?

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
I doubt they will increase the size recognition, they want you to buy a new phone with more storage space. You could get a 2GB and partition it so you have the phone space and the misc data space.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezi View Post
so should i just get a 2 gb stick and hope that in the near future they will upgrade the firmware or just stick with the 1 gb?
No, there are some monster packs(google it) that may change the software inside that MAY recognize the 2gb. I would search for the correct homebrew firmware first, then buy one if you like the software...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts