Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired/disabled.
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just brought me(Saturday) a broken V7 monitor thet I am going to try and repair. The back light has burnt out and is supposed to be easily replaced or modified. I will disassemble amd remove the cathoid and balast and install a unit for a case. Ordering for the LCD will be impossible due to age(no spare parts) but research has shown you can salvage the LCD monitor with this operation. Its worth a try to get a $150-$200(US) monitor back for only $10-$20(US) worth of parts.

What can I say I like the challange and just have to order the right parts to do it...and get a free monitor to boot

Chuck D

·
Retired/disabled.
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teufle View Post
GL! Id like to see some pics of this if you get the bulb. Never seen LCD surgery before.
its worth a try and my main problem is I have been out of work since Nov. ....but I have jobs coming in. Also I will try to do a documentation with pics using a camcorder.

Thanks Chuck D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipod4ever View Post
Yes interesting pics, we all like those

·
Registered
3 Posts
have you been able to take this LCD apart yet?
I am in the process of replacing the inverter on mine, but I can't get the side clips to come apart, and I was wondering if you managed to yet.

Thanks in advance, Jon T.

·
Retired/disabled.
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not yet...Getting bills caught up first then damage repair next. I also have to find me a good camera to take shots with(Phone camera is not so good). I will post as soon as things level off and hope to get good results. I did research a few other pages about doing this and figured why not try. Thanks for checking and keeping me on my toes.

Chuck D

P.S. Also thinking of painting the trim and covers as well to match my next project.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just went ahead and took it apart.
you have to unscrew all the screws you can see, then lift the top and the bottom part of the bezel up off the screen and then slide the bezel towards the top and pull up.
hope that helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts