Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a computer with and AMD 3500 Socket 939 and an ABIT AV8 mb. Anyways, I was looking at some RAM on Newegg, and I was looking at two 256x2 dual channel ones. One was from Geil and it was "value" http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...144-309&depa=1 , and one was a PQI turbo with Samsung TCCD http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...141-155&depa=1. Anyways, I was wondering if getting the PQI with the Samsung TCCD would make a HUGE difference, or if I should stick with the Geil Value and save some $$. I might do a litttle overclocking, but not too much.

·
Premium Member
6,355 Posts
Hmm well all out usually lasts longer...preforms better...lol if you got the money go for it =)

·
Registered
712 Posts
There are only a few components that will REALLY hurt you if you skimp on them. Processor aside if you skimp on Motherboard, Video card, cooling, and Power supply you will be hurting later on at some point.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha. I was sorta hoping you guys would say value because its alot cheaper but since its pretty important, I guess I'll go with the expensive ones. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,355 Posts
Yeah well it depends if you wanna oc too i think. Nicer ram lets u oc more

EDIT: and i believe i am not sure if you get one 512mb stick it will be more efficient someone please correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShauntA

Haha. I was sorta hoping you guys would say value because its alot cheaper but since its pretty important, I guess I'll go with the expensive ones. Thanks.

NP... just remember that you can carry most ram with you to your next systems so buy the best you can... you can always buy the cheap stuff later to replace what you pillage from your older machiens... I have an Audigy 2 ZS sound card that has followed me from 3 different systems... I replace it with either the onboard sound or a SB 16 each time since I rarely use sound on any other machine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts