Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Kupo! Kupo!
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am simply amazed.. With my older Gigabyte board, I could never do much at all with my PNY Optima memory. I thought it was just trash ram, and I figured I will never beable to OC very well with it. However to my surprise it is doing 3 times as much as I thought it could. This DFI lanparty board is simply amazing. With the settings, and customization for my memory, I am now able to run this cheap junk ram at 218Mhz(3/04 Ratio), with my CPU OC'd +820Mhz(291x9.0), a 2.5-4-4-8(so far) timing, a 29hour prime Mem+CPU torture with 0 errors(stopped it manualy), and a 29min Super PI 32MB.

Before, The most I could get was 166Mhz memory speed with a 34min super PI. That was with stock, or close to stock CPU, when I OC"d the CPU I could not go past 133Mhz memory. I am now running at 2620.9Mhz CPU and 218Mhz memory, not even half as much CPU voltage, and my case temp still do not exceed 43C. I NEVER expected to get this type of OC out of these cheap 40$ memory modules. I guess value ram is not always the end of the road, if you have a better board to customize its settings with.

Thought I would share my new experience with this memory. I am just shocked that I can even do this much with such cheap ram.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
thats really not that great an oc for DDR400

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2
thats really not that great an oc for DDR400

It's value RAM. It's pretty good.

·
Kupo! Kupo!
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never said it was great timings, but as far as I am concerned it is, for such cheap memory. I could never even get it to perform half as well on my other board. 40$ 512MB ram, and able to get these settings stable with such a high OC. I think it is a big difference. Let alone it is running at 2.9V when PNY states its voltage at 1.5. Not nessisarly good, but it is working great for these settings so far. If it dies, oh well, I never said I liked the ram. I just can't believe I got it to run stabily at these settings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts