Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Audiophile
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my aging QPad HeatoN was finally getting on my nerves. I REALLY wanted to try an Icemat / Steelseries Experiece I-2 but never had the opportunity and DEFINITELY don't want a pink one. I also disliked how small and expensive they were.

On a whim, I ordered this glass cutting board, which I JUST received in the mail. It was packaged very well, including a "fragile, glass" sticker on the box and a thick layer of bubble-wrap. Lastly, there was a plastic film.

It feels very similar to my Manticor except more comfortable and has less dynamic and static friction (softer.) The edges of the board and especially the corners have been sanded down.
I'm in love.

http://www.vanceind.com/15x12clearelitetemperedglasscuttingboard-1.aspx

There is also a non-frosted version if any one is interested:
http://www.vanceind.com/15x12clearelitetemperedglasscuttingboard.aspx

Glass overtop QPad:

Thickness:

Glass Macro:

QPad Macro:

Enotus:

• Rep+
Reactions: Derp

·
Audiophile
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The transparent I-2 is more transparent than the cutting board:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Neat find. Looks just like an Icemat.

·
Audiophile
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

Do you have any optical mice around? I'm interested in how well they track on it.
mx518 400dpi:

Naos3200 800dpi:

I've had no issues in LoL or CS:GO as a 50cm/360 using either the mx518 or Naos.

I'll bring my Xornet home from work tomorrow and try that.

• Rep+

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutzen View Post

mx518 400dpi:

Naos3200 800dpi:

I've had no issues in LoL or CS:GO as a 50cm/360 using either the mx518 or Naos.

I'll bring my Xornet home from work tomorrow and try that.
Thanks! When you test your Xornet can you provide some MS paint screen shots of your optical mice using the pencil tool showing all angles? (big and small circles)

I know my G400 has problems on my icemat. It will seem like it tracks perfectly, get high perfect control speed but then I feel it jumping around randomly. Paint shows the tracking quality is very poor even at 800DPI.

Sorry for asking so much. It's $50 after shipping so I want to make sure it will work properly.

·
Audiophile
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Sorry for asking so much. It's $50 after shipping so I want to make sure it will work properly.
No problem at all! I understand fully. I'll do it all tomorrow, remind me!

I have an IE3.0 coming in Thursday to test.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takasta View Post

is this actually designed as a mousepad or is it actually just a "cutting board"
It's definitely just a cutting board with no intention of using it as a mousing surface.

Peripheral companies decided against glass pads because they last forever. Why sell one permanent glass mouse pad for $50 when you can get that same sucker to spend $25-$40 every year on plastic and cloth mouse pads?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Quote:

It's definitely just a cutting board with no intention of using it as a mousing surface.

Peripheral companies decided against glass pads because they last forever. Why sell one permanent glass mouse pad for $50 when you can get that same sucker to spend $25-$40 every year on plastic and cloth mouse pads?
Agreed from a business standpoint. I'm an absolute sucker for glass pads ><.

·
Audiophile
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry guys, I was building my speakers yesterday and never got to the Xornet testing. It's sitting on my desk and I'll get it done later tonight.

Edit: If you guys can get a local glass place to cut you a piece, it might be cheaper, although it would lack rubber feet (big whoop)

·
Audiophile
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
-I could not make the mx518 or naos 3200 malfunction on this "pad"; I wish my spawn didn't break so I could try it.
-The IE3.0 has negative acceleration with fast swipes--saddening I can't use it with this "pad."
Edit: After overclocking the IE3.0 to 1000hz, the malfunction is around 3.5 m/s and I am unable to hit it.
-It seem the Xornet malfunctions very quickly and 800/1600 dpi are extremely jittery. I have stock firmware.

MX518:

Naos 3200(did I mention I hate 800dpi?):

Xornet:

g700:

IE 3.0:

• Rep+

·
Audiophile
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No idea, I opted for this over a pink Icemat.

It feels similar to an aluminum pad, though--Razer Manitcor-like.

·
Audiophile
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It does that regardless of the mouse/computer.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutzen View Post

It does that regardless of the mouse/computer.
I haven't used enotus in forever but I'm pretty sure you need to force the DPI by clicking the start button and then left clicking and dragging the mouse until the DPI is close to the DPI that the mouse is currently running.

Try doing this to get more accurate results.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I haven't posted in this section in what seems like forever, haha. Sup everyone
thumb.gif

Thread caught my interest as the company shares the same name as me, lol. Saw this a few days back and thought "Hmmm, pretty cool. I always wanted an ICEmat" but I found out about them too late. Would have never thought of just getting a cutting board and using that instead, haha.

Wanted to try this for myself to compare the tracking - To my surprise, absolutely no retailers local to me carry glass cutting boards. I bought a Bamboo one which just works considering it's just a hard surface. Guess I'll be ordering from the site in a few coming days to see what the hubbub is.
redface.gif

Edit: How did you get the G700 to track on the surface? Did you place your Q-pad under the glass?

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.