Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Umm wow, this is getting on my nerves.
I just ordered 2 92mm Vantec Stealth Fans rated at 20dBa. I just installed them on my Xigmatek Battleaxe and its now the loudest thing in my case.... i have 5 antec tricools running at Low, and a modded OCZ PSU also running a tricool at low. All the fans in my case are tricools at low, that are rated at 22dba, and the 2 vantec stealths are by far the loudest, theyre a bit better than the stock xigmateks, but still..... Could it be because of the airflow restriction from the grill of the Xigmatek Battleaxe? Even running at 55% (using speedfan to slow it down) its still teh loudest componenet. Also when i slow it down more than 55% i hear a whine, like a screechy sound, its not that loud, but extremely annoying. This also happened with teh xigmatek fans. Any ideas?
thanks

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienspawn View Post
Can you get a pic of them on the Battleaxe? I have an 80mm Stealth and in open air I can sleep right next to it (and have).

edit: Oh yeah I received the premium lapping paper, forgot to rep you! Right on it!
Thanks man, gllad it arrived safely. Im rebuilding my comp when my FT01 arrives which should be on wednesday. Ill be take tons of pictures then, + my camera isnt here right now. But i will forsure get some pics of it for u

1 - 3 of 3 Posts