Overclock.net banner

321 - 340 of 447 Posts

·
Vandelay Industries
2,124 Posts
Yes and how will DLSS help in RD2? The problem with DLSS is not the technology, the issue is the required implementation of it. Even if it was open for dev and ran on AMD it would take years. Look at how long DX12 took to become mainstream.
Well I don't think it would be that bad seeing Nvidia was actively slowing DX12 adoption.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
It's going to end up in the same dark closet at nvidia HQ where you will find Gameworks, PhysX and other associated proprietary nv tech for that very reason.
just like GSYNC

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Just playing devil's advocate here... Isn't that a pretty massive elephant in the room when debating current hardware?
All i was trying to get at is full RT is too expensive to use in modern titles that are already pushing the envelope, so instead they only choose to use selective RT features with various tuning to the fidelity of the RT effects to keep performance up. Its undeniable that RT makes games look so much better than rasterization and that gets me excited for future hardware and titles that start to use it more and more inching closer to completely ditching rasterization methods.

·
PC Enthusiast
1,026 Posts
They removed all the GCN features, reached parity with Nvidia's rasterization and charge the same amount while lacking feature parity. GCN was AMD's Fermi.

All I see is a company price gouging.
They're only following nvidia's lead.

They're targeting the big market, who buy nvidia's $500 & $700 GPUs only for raw gaming, who have no use or do not use for any extra 'features'.

And I'll repeat, I agree the pricing should had been cheaper, But I understand why it's high.

• Rep+
Reactions: Sir Beregond

·
Performance is the bible
7,135 Posts
Well I'm pretty sure we can all agree that the major downfalls of DLSS are that it is proprietary and game specific. A universal open source solution would much better benefit consumers.
Downfall?

There is increase in DLSS support over the coming months. A big much of the coming major anticipated AAA games will have DLSS support.
What makes you think there is a downfall?

It's going to end up in the same dark closet at nvidia HQ where you will find Gameworks, PhysX and other associated proprietary nv tech for that very reason.
Oh please.
Gameworks and physx are still alive and supported and many features are still being used in new games.
The only reason we stopped talking about gameworks is because AMD stopped whining about it when they realized whining didn't get them anything.

Gsync is a piece of hardware in the TV's and Monitors themselves, not proprietary software that can be replaced purely with an open-source alternative.
Some monitors are gsync compatible, as in, they can do almost the same as gsync with software implementation.
None gsync and freesync are open source anyway. Adaptive sync free and part of HDMI standard now, but to implement actual freesync support they need to go through AMD and through they propriety process. Just like if they wanted to go and be gsync compatible.

·
Iconoclast
30,435 Posts
Look, DLSS isn't perfect but I would definitely prefer to have it as an option when I game on my 4K TV.
So would I, but it rarely is for the games I tend to play, and there are other options available that are often quite serviceable.

Games like RD2 I have to cap at 30fps to play at 4k on my 5700XT.
Have you tried any other methods of upscaling+sharpening?

·
Politically incorrect
9,296 Posts
Oh please.
Gameworks and physx are still alive and supported and many features are still being used in new games.
The only reason we stopped talking about gameworks is because AMD stopped whining about it when they realized whining didn't get them anything.
HAHA, you best be trolling PhysX and Gameworks have both died because nobody wants to implement them when there are easier ways to simulate explosions, debris and everything PhysX stands for. How many games implement Gameworks? So few that it might as well not exist.

·
Untitled.jpg
938 Posts
HAHA, you best be trolling PhysX and Gameworks have both died because nobody wants to implement them when there are easier ways to simulate explosions, debris and everything PhysX stands for. How many games implement Gameworks? So few that it might as well not exist.
But witcher 3 is the only game that matters and it had extremely tessellated hair and CDPR is good and everyone has to love CDPR therefore everyone has to love Nvidia Gameworks™

• Rep+
Reactions: Liranan

·
Politically incorrect
9,296 Posts
But witcher 3 is the only game that matters and it had extremely tessellated hair and CDPR is good and everyone has to love CDPR therefore everyone has to love Nvidia Gameworks™
Witcher 3 is the best game I've played thanks to its incredible story. However I couldn't care less about all those nVidia gimmicks and looking at Youtube videos I didn't miss much playing the game on AMD hardware.

·
Untitled.jpg
938 Posts
On another note, has anyone yet figured out how to remove the red trim to paint it?
I think I'm gonna give it a shot when mine gets here on monday.

·
Vandelay Industries
2,124 Posts
On another note, has anyone yet figured out how to remove the red trim to paint it?
Right! That was a poor design choice imo. Even Nvidia made the led white instead of green (I would assume for that very reason).

·
Premium Member
6,746 Posts
I feel like with Navi 21 out we're going to see a huge transition of the mobile market to AMD GPU's.... again its a total flip from Intel to AMD in the performance per watt segment then now its the same on graphics vs nvidia... as a laptop enthusiast, I find it particularly interesting how AMD could pull this off. I'll see how my 65watt 2060 does before some shunt mods and then after....

·
waifu for lifu
11,326 Posts
Witcher 3 is the best game I've played thanks to its incredible story. However I couldn't care less about all those nVidia gimmicks and looking at Youtube videos I didn't miss much playing the game on AMD hardware.
The hair-tech in the game was very limiting and not worth it. The new full RT implementation is a different story. It should crank the immersion factor to 11. Granted, we may be playing @ 1080p. LMAO.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,496 Posts
Depends on what they are implementing. It might be immersion busting reflections like in Control.

·
PC Evangelist
46,971 Posts
Use a sharpie.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Red Devil review leaked:

The video starts almost immediately with overclocking. The Red Devil has very adjustable frequencies. With some that manual overclocking ExtremeIT was able to achieve 2750 MHz Game and 2800 MHz boost clock, according to the GPU-Z monitoring software. By default, however, the graphics card has 2090/2340 MHz frequencies respectively. The manual overclocking failed and it did not appear to be very stable (multiple display signal losses), but eventually he modified the overclocking to 2600/2650 MHz. This allowed the RX 6800 XT Red Devil to score 56,756 points in Fire Strike (1080p preset, Graphics score).
Looks like these are serious overclocking monsters.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
a 6800 with a fullcover: 700$ and ready for the moon (2600+ mhz on bench, 2400+ stable without wasting too much energy) wut wuuuut!

·
PC Evangelist
46,971 Posts
a 6800 with a fullcover: 700$ and ready for the moon (2600+ mhz on bench, 2400+ stable without wasting too much energy) wut wuuuut!
Power limited.

321 - 340 of 447 Posts