·
Black Sun Empire
787 Posts
Preview and a good article to read
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/14/insurgency-sandstorm-preview/

NWI
https://newworldinteractive.com/category/insurgency-sandstorm/
http://insurgency-sandstorm.com/
This is what it must feel like to enjoy Battlefield or Call of Duty. I’ve tried many multiplayer military shooters over the years but I’ve never thought of one as more than a passing distraction until now. Insurgency: Sandstorm is more than a distraction. It’s one of the most harrowing and thrilling depictions of combat I’ve ever seen, and I think it’s a goddamn work of art.
E3 Trailer

Teaser

Can't wait for the alpha and off. release...insurgency is absolutely my fav game in 2018 !

·
Indentified! On the Way!!
2,928 Posts
As an old infantryman; I'll always love the "flying infantryman" that is the A-10! You hear that sound and you know things are going to be A-oK!

Game looks good.

·
Dazed and Confused
441 Posts
Game looks very interesting, unfortunately playing games like this is very bad for my PTSD. Mainly play RPGs. I would love to be able to play it.

·
H₂O Aficionado
3,882 Posts
Insurgency is one of the funnest tactical shooters I have played in many, many years. Granted I haven't been PC gaming the last couple years but this is definitely one game I would check out.

Especially if they keep in that Terrorist Hunt mode. It's a blast online with buddies.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sad times that Insurgency is going the way of CoD with call in insta kills. It was a better game when it was back in its roots
I must of missed that part. I have 600 hours into Insurgency. I have a dedicated server for my friends and myself. I know I have gotten a minimum of 20 people to buy it. If they have ANY perk system crap I will not support it. Also, no upgrades based on how many hours you have etc etc.

Some more weapons and having 2-3 loadout profiles would be perfect. But please no perk system crap.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
There is always a caveat...

EVERY game I've EVER played where the original was for PC only and the sequel coded for consoles + PC became a major disappointment. It's always related to the movement and controls.

I tell everyone that consoles ruined PC gaming. A few people have replied with, "Ya, I've heard other people tell me that, too". It's comforting to hear that.

...What's an insta-kill??

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,091 Posts
I might be a little dated but isn't "Insurgency" a source engine mod? Played it like crazy back in the day. I take it this is what a full game now?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I got confused myself..

Yes, originally Insurgency was Source.
Then there is supposed to be an Insurgency 2 in 2014? Never saw it anywhere.
Then Insurgency got ported to Day of Infamy. Still Source.

Now we have upcoming Insurgency: Sandstorm. Unreal engine.
Not, full game; I think they're skipping out on the solo story mode until further notice.

·
Premium Member
8,028 Posts
I'm looking forward to see how well they pull this off. Insurgency 2 was great for what it was.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I got confused myself..

Yes, originally Insurgency was Source.
Then there is supposed to be an Insurgency 2 in 2014? Never saw it anywhere.
Then Insurgency got ported to Day of Infamy. Still Source.

Now we have upcoming Insurgency: Sandstorm. Unreal engine.
Not, full game; I think they're skipping out on the solo story mode until further notice.
NVM, don't listen to me. I dunno what I'm talking about.

·
Black Sun Empire
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol your funny

1 - 14 of 14 Posts