Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
PC Enthusiast
1,093 Posts
'edit - added to the op'

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
as horrible as this product is , i still want a 10980xe as an upgrade from my existing 9900x. there is no AMD option if i want high core count with huge ram capacity in an itx form factor. unless 32GB rgb sticks are more readily available. that said i've already invested way too far into x299 since skylake x first launched.

·
Amiga 500
3,682 Posts
Dayum Linus , chill out bro ,lol

...that said , I agree that even tho the 10980XE is not a bad cpu by any means , it really shows that X299 is reaching the end of its rope...

·
女子 じゃなくて
316 Posts
meh nothing exciting, what interest me was on linus review they blurred the graph on the top part that could be threadripper, right? right?! Lol

·
Registered
675 Posts
Linus almost run out of space with the blurred lines-ROFL!
Moreover CES 2020 with 3990WX sneak peak + Zen3.0 sneak peak... get your popcorn Ready :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
From Anandtech:
Reviews for the new Cascade Lake-X processors are set to go live today. We are delaying ours by a few hours, until the embargo for AMD’s new Threadripper processors also lifts. Not only is it odd to have both companies launch their HEDT products on the same day, but originally they were set to launch at the same time – Intel since moved their launch forward a few hours, but we’re going to wait until AMD’s embargo has also been lifted so we can provide graphs with all the CPUs together in their respective reviews.
This gonna be good! :D

·
PC Enthusiast
1,093 Posts
From Anandtech:
Reviews for the new Cascade Lake-X processors are set to go live today. We are delaying ours by a few hours, until the embargo for AMD’s new Threadripper processors also lifts. Not only is it odd to have both companies launch their HEDT products on the same day, but originally they were set to launch at the same time – Intel since moved their launch forward a few hours, but we’re going to wait until AMD’s embargo has also been lifted so we can provide graphs with all the CPUs together in their respective reviews.

This gonna be good! :D
Well, that foils Intel's "alleged" plans :D

·
Hardware Princess
1,849 Posts
Forbes managed 4.7 GHz on all 18 cores at only 1.165V... that is pretty good. I wouldn't buy one if I didn't already own an X299 platform, but for someone with a 7980XE already (me) it looks like a nice upgrade.

·
I dunno what I'm doing.
1,487 Posts
I cannot wait to see benchmarks for that beast, Intel about to get nuked.

I was baffled when they released this Cascade Lake-X, I think pretty much everyone knew it was going to be, at best, a marginal improvement over the existing chips. Do the brass at Intel realize the heydays of releasing minimal improvements to save R&D money are over and they have to, you know, actually work for improvements now?

·
Registered
92 Posts
So far it seems like the silicon quality (and thus overclocking) is improved on the Cascade Lake-X CPU's over their predecessors.

Either that, or many of these reviewers that actually did OC received some golden samples.

·
Overclocker in training
14,314 Posts
Forbes managed 4.7 GHz on all 18 cores at only 1.165V... that is pretty good. I wouldn't buy one if I didn't already own an X299 platform, but for someone with a 7980XE already (me) it looks like a nice upgrade.
Hi,
Not sure I'd call 10...x. an upgrade since you already have a 18 core
79..x. series seems the best so far pretty tough even compared to 99..x. series which have been dying I myself had a 9940x up and die at 4.2 on startup.

Nothing in stock yet but I'll likely wait to see what happens only good thing is half price.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
underwhelming......RIP Intel HEDT.
@stock 10 series suck.

This is overclock.net, so we overclock cpu, mesh AND the memory. Oce we do that, 10 series shines 🙂

120+GB/s memorybandwidth vs 90+GB @ "stock" 3200mhz xmp
50ns memorylatency vs 72-75ns stock

4700+ mhz all core vs 3800mhz? Stock

3950x is THE best if you want stock and aircooling. 10980xe is THE best if overclocking everything.

• Rep+
Reactions: Papazmurf

·
PC Enthusiast
1,093 Posts
@stock 10 series suck.

This is overclock.net, so we overclock cpu, mesh AND the memory. Oce we do that, 10 series shines 🙂

120+GB/s memorybandwidth vs 90+GB @ "stock" 3200mhz xmp
50ns memorylatency vs 72-75ns stock

4700+ mhz all core vs 3800mhz? Stock

3950x is THE best if you want stock and aircooling. 10980xe is THE best if overclocking everything.
For the vast majority of PC users, Stock performance is where its at. Even more so for workstations.

·
PC Enthusiast
1,093 Posts
1 - 20 of 159 Posts