Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Well, at least one tech company is doing well lately. After posting record earnings for its third fiscal quarter, Nvidia has announced another round of record-breaking results, both for its fourth fiscal quarter and for its past fiscal year, which ended on January 27.

http://techreport.com/news/24357/nvidia-posts-another-round-of-record-results
Quote:
Nvidia won big with its line of Tegra processors, as the division brought in $764 million in revenue, while the company's GPU arm accounted for $3.25 billion of the total revenue figure. That's a full-year increase of 2% for the GPU arm, and 29.3% for the Tegra division, and a 7.1% and a 89.8% increase for Q4 year-on-year respectively.

In the report, Nvidia chief executive officer Jen-Hsun Huang said of the numbers, "This year we did the best work in our company's history. We grew our GPU and Tegra Processor businesses.
http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/14/nvidia-posts-record-financials-4-28-billion-revenue-in-2013/

Just as a comparison:

GPU Division revenue FY 2011 and FY 2012: 2.5 billions (Source)
GPU Division revenue FY 2013: 3.25 billions
AMD GPU Division 2012 (2013): 1.5 billions (Source). (I added another 400 millions for the last quarter which isnt in yet)

Well done Nvidia
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Does anybody on the forum have stocks in nVidia? I swear that I saw somewhere somebody say that. Okay, back to topic. Well nVidia, good job. Now continue.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atham View Post

Does anybody on the forum have stocks in nVidia? I swear that I saw somewhere somebody say that. Okay, back to topic. Well nVidia, good job. Now continue.
heh, I have a whopping 50 shares...but I haven't gotten a notification of a substantial increase in their stock. If I manually search it they are only up about 20 cents from a market open of $12.37

So this hasn't affected anything...yet

·
Not New to Overclock.net
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliancahillane View Post

Yup, because there is no solid competition and they got away with selling their mid range gtx "680" in the guise of a high end card.
Yep, no competition except the 7970 that bests the GTX 680 in many games, and for a cheaper price...
rolleyes.gif
(This has been a fully non-biased comment, no fanboyism intended
thumb.gif
)

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek007 View Post

Yep, no competition except the 7970 that bests the GTX 680 in many games, and for a cheaper price...
rolleyes.gif
thumb.gif
)
AMD needs to get a bunch of chicks together and have them quickly whisper "ATI" and start paying to stick on some opening credits from games...it is like a subliminal message or something. Kind of freaks me out each time I hear it.

·
Old and Crochity
5,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm View Post

heh, I have a whopping 50 shares...but I haven't gotten a notification of a substantial increase in their stock. If I manually search it they are only up about 20 cents from a market open of $12.37

So this hasn't affected anything...yet
depends on when you bought shares but according to my research AMD was actually the best buy over the last quarter

http://www.overclock.net/t/1321963/who-benefits-stockholders-more-amd-nvidia-or-intel/10#post_19290991

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpriest667 View Post

depends on when you bought shares but according to my research AMD was actually the best buy over the last quarter

http://www.overclock.net/t/1321963/who-benefits-stockholders-more-amd-nvidia-or-intel/10#post_19290991
I get daily activity notifications in case something is spiking or tanking and then I look to see if it something I want to sell or buy

...I'd have to actually sell Nvidia at about $15.00 to make a profit on it though since it was purchased a while back

·
Banned
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nvidia GPU Division 2013: 3.25 billions
AMD GPU Division 2012 (2013): 1.5 billions (Source). (I added another 400 millions for the last quarter which isnt in yet)

Its obvious who is the little boy here yes. Talk about dominating the GPU sales. WOW

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek007 View Post

rolleyes.gif
thumb.gif
)
Before you get all uptight, the point is that the Nvidia GPU is the 7870 equivalent in die size and bus width, however its fast enough to rival the fat chip from AMD. Which means they make lots of profit from selling a gpu that`s cheaper to produce.

·
Official Luddite of OCN
6,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudfire777 View Post

Nvidia GPU Division 2013: 3.25 billions

Its obvious who is the little boy here yes. Talk about dominating the GPU sales. WOW
And yet, the big boy with clear financial advantage still castrates and locks their products. It's funny when you think about it, both Nvidia & Intel are in much better financial positions yet AMD offers comparable (on the cpu side) and better bargains on the gpu side.

Really speaks wonders about the team at AMD, now if only more money was there for some proper R&D. Tis a shame the 'big boys' don't spend the actual money on giving us worthwhile ugprades, not minor performance bumps.

·
Gaming Enthusiast
2,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post

And yet, the big boy with clear financial advantage still castrates and locks their products. It's funny when you think about it, both Nvidia & Intel are in much better financial positions yet AMD offers comparable (on the cpu side) and better bargains on the gpu side.

Really speaks wonders about the team at AMD, now if only more money was there for some proper R&D. Tis a shame the 'big boys' don't spend the actual money on giving us worthwhile ugprades, not minor performance bumps.
If only AMD spent their money on reducing frame latency so owners of their cards didn't lag universally in every game they try to play. But I guess that's what happens when you don't have any money, and are floundering as a company.

·
Banned
6,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post

http://www.overclock.net/t/1356838/my-gpu-is-voltage-locked-is-there-anything-i-can-do

·
Premium Member
6,636 Posts
I find it amusing that you guys are arguing Kepler vs Tahiti, when it's probably Tegra3 that's making a financial killing for Nvidia.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.