Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1759 Posts

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
title.jpg

AMD today takes a swing at the lucrative performance-segment of PC graphics with the Radeon RX 5700 series. This price-band, ranging between $350-500, has graphics cards you'd want for serious gaming at resolutions of 1440p and above, or 1080p with high refresh-rates. The lack of much serious competition from AMD for the past couple of years, has given NVIDIA an unchallenged dominance, with which it could sell the 6 GB GeForce RTX 2060 for as high as $400 on some partner models, and the RTX 2070 starting at $500, with some partner models even touching $600.

TechPowerUp RX 5700 XT review

Also from TechPowerUp: RX 5700 review | PCI-Express 4.0 Performance Scaling with Radeon RX 5700 XT

More sources (I'll be adding them as they go live):

Gamers Nexus

TechSpot

Tom's Hardware

PC Perspective

Guru3D

AnandTech

PC World

Tom's Hardware Germany (translated)

Eurogamer

Videos:

·
mfw
8,617 Posts
The performance of the 5700 XT, relative to the rest of cards tested, is so bipolar. In the same review, it can be seen surpassing the 2080 and falling behind the 2070 by some 30%.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
RVII is dead.

·
Official Luddite of OCN
5,674 Posts
The performance of the 5700 XT, relative to the rest of cards tested, is so bipolar. In the same review, it can be seen surpassing the 2080 and falling behind the 2070 by some 30%.
Yea, it seems all over the place. Overall I think once drivers are matured we should see more consistency.

And just for the obligatory to annoy everyone:

"I'm glad I picked up this V64 for $399 a few months ago with 3 free games" :p

I just want to see OC to OC vs Vega 56/64. I think a 1600mhz core / 1100mem V64 should easily enough match the 5700xt especially at 1440p or higher. Stock V64 already has a 40GB/s bandwidth lead, putting at 1100mhz brings that up to 563.2GB/s which is quite a jump over 5700XT's 448gb/s. Memory oc'ing on Vega makes a big difference.

Edit: maybe not, these benchmarks are all over the place

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,785 Posts
Paper launch? Nothing is available in Canada yet at least on newegg or amazon.

·
sudo apt install sl
7,297 Posts
Decent stock blower for a change. The card does have a hotspot which starts to throttle at 115c.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Igor Labs' RX 5700 XT at 2.1GHz with EK prototype block

·
Registered
2,032 Posts

·
GPU Enthusiast
2,558 Posts
Glad to see most of the reviews confirm there was some great progress made in engines where Nvidia was dusting AMD. Bought one for fun, should be here the end of this week, wish I had universal block to slap on it for fun.

·
Null
6,326 Posts
Disappointing results for a 7nm card. But it looks like AMD finally caught up to media playback efficiency, which is great news for next gen mobile APUs. Probably the most hype part about this for me. The boost seems to have changed to nvidia's model as well, overclocking over the boost when there's headroom for it. So maybe custom cards will hit up to 2.1ghz

·
Official Luddite of OCN
5,674 Posts
Have to admit, their results seem to be fairly spot on. I did a non oc'ed and oc'ed run of my V64 on DeusEx mactching their listed settings and at stock my V64 matched their 38fps at 4k. When I bumped it to never drop below 1605mhz core /1100mem it put me at 43.6fps. 45fps on a stock 5700XT at 4k is better than I was anticipating at that high of a res.

AMD finally caught up to media playback efficiency, which is great news for next gen mobile APUs. Probably the most hype part about this for me. The boost seems to have changed to nvidia's model as well, overclocking over the boost when there's headroom for it. So maybe custom cards will hit up to 2.1ghz
Yup, going to finally replace my laptop (A8-6410 Puma+ 15w quad core cpu) with Ryzen 3's APU line.

·
waifu for lifu
11,073 Posts
Paper launch? Nothing is available in Canada yet at least on newegg or amazon.

@ newegg (U.S.) The 5700 is posted, but is pushed back later in the week. The XT isnt even posted yet. Looks like both will have a slight delay.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
AMD Navi 5700 XT Live-Test from PCGH

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Reference card sucks,wait for aftermarket cards.

1 - 20 of 1759 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.