1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source (Ubisoft)
Source (DSOGaming)

Quote:
Ubisoft has just revealed two new screenshots from the PC version of The Division in glorious 4K resolution (these feel more like bullshots but that's typical nowadays). In addition, the French company confirmed the rumoured PC requirements, and claimed that the PC version won't be a mere console port. Enjoy the screenshots after the jump!

Quote:
Ubisoft has also revealed via a press release the game's PC specific features that can be found below. Both HBAO+ and SLI support have been confirmed.

• Flexible user interface: move, scale and adjust the opacity of the HUD.
  • Intuitive controls: navigate easily through the interface, inventory panels and map designed specifically to be used with a mouse or a controller.
  • Full mouse & keyboard support: opt for the high precision mouse and keyboard experience and switch to a controller in the middle of any encounter without interruption.
  • Text chat: team up with more agents of The Division by using the in-game text chat.
  • Optimized graphic settings & customised GPU effects: adjust a vast variety of technology treats, from realistic lighting, shading, snow particles, local reflection, fog volumetric scattering, depth of field and much more…
  • Multi-GPU support: unleash the graphic power of the best computer set ups for jaw-dropping graphics powered by Massive Entertainment's game engine Snowdrop.
  • Multi-screen support: play with up to three screens for the most immersive and stunning experience of The Division.
  • Multi-resolutions: opt for 1080p or 4k and automatically adapt the resolution to fit multi-screen configurations with FOV correction.
  • Unlocked framerate: let the most powerful computer reach the highest framerate.
  • HBAO+: enjoy the most realistic shadowing, lighting algorithm and ambient occlusion.

Specs

Quote:
MINIMUM CONFIGURATION

Supported OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only).

Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 | AMD FX-6100, or better.

RAM: 6GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 2 GB VRAM (current equivalent NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760) | AMD Radeon HD 7770 with 2 GB VRAM, or better - See supported List*.

Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with at least the minimum configuration. For an up-to-date list of supported hardware, please visit the FAQ for this game on our website: http://support.ubi.com

DirectX: Version 11

Hard Drive Space: 40 GB available space.

Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.

Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.

Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 256 kbps upstream, or faster.

RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION

Supported OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 | AMD FX-8350, or better.

RAM: 8GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | AMD Radeon R9 290, or better - See supported List*

Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with at least the minimum configuration. For an up-to-date list of supported hardware, please visit the FAQ for this game on our website: http://support.ubi.com

DirectX: Version 11

Hard Drive Space: 40 GB available space.

Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.

Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.

Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 512 kbps upstream, or faster.

*Supported NVIDIA cards at time of release: GeForce GTX500 series: GeForce GTX560 (2 GB VRAM) or better • GeForce GTX600 series: GeForce GTX660 or better • GeForce GTX700 series: GeForce GTX760 or better • GeForce GTX900 Titan series: GeForce GTX960 or better

*Supported AMD cards at time of release: Radeon HD7000 series: Radeon HD7770 (2 GB VRAM) or better • Radeon 200 series: Radeon R7 270 or better • Radeon 300/Fury X series: Radeon R7 370 or better.
This sounds like it's going to be the best PC version of any Ubisoft game yet!

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Looks like concept art. Not PC confirmed, as article suggested "bullshots".

·
waifu for lifu
11,551 Posts
Call me crazy, but those look legit. I suspect some aa is used as well because jaggies are nowhere to be found.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
System specs look legit considering all the downgrade. 5xx series cards is enough to run the game even with medium settings with those 2009 visuals.

About those 2 shots.. Both of them are concept shots and second one was published already years ago.

·
Smug, Jaded, Enervated.
1,278 Posts
My eyes nearly tumbled out of my head they rolled so fast, when I read: "Full mouse & keyboard support: opt for the high precision mouse and keyboard experience and switch to a controller in the middle of any encounter without interruption." Like that is somehow something to be proud of when you are releasing a title on PC...why is it I keep seeing this these days? Being able to use a mouse and kb on a computer is a given, not a feature to tote around!
rolleyes.gif

Anyhow, I'll be extremely surprised if the game looks anywhere near the quality of those screenshots, they mite of allowed all the lighting and particle effects etc in the PC version, that shouldn't be too much of a stretch of the imagination...but I doubt it has all the original models and assets making up the scenery that the E3 trailer had, they are showing that there is in the second screenshot...but I'm doubtful.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong by them though (Also its a relief to see that you can move the hud around and change the opacity, because its very distracting imo).

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keikei View Post

Call me crazy, but those look legit. I suspect some aa is used as well because jaggies are nowhere to be found.
All legit and the pics are taken at 4k. Ubisoft said they would build there reputation back with the PC market and it looks like they're on the right path.

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty surprised by the responses, you really believe these are "bullshots"?
I mean it looks good and all but I'm not as impressed by the game visually as I was by the E3 2013 stuff. I don't mean to sound like "oh downgrade" and stuff but I'm not sure how else to put it.

What really catches my attention is the PC specific features, they sound fantastic!

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawIX View Post

All legit and the pics are taken at 4k. Ubisoft said they would build there reputation back with the PC market and it looks like they're on the right path.
To be fair, they did a great job with Unity, Far Cry 4 and Syndicate. Sadly CrossFire did not work well at all with Syndicate though. Could be AMD's fault on that one.

·
waifu for lifu
11,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post

I'm pretty surprised by the responses, you really believe these are "bullshots"?
I mean it looks good and all but I'm not as impressed by the game visually as I was by the E3 2013 stuff. I don't mean to sound like "oh downgrade" and stuff but I'm not sure how else to put it.

What really catches my attention is the PC specific features. They sound fantastic!
On a comparison scale, to me, this looks like BF4 @4k max, except BF4 may have better textures. The shots look good. Extraordinary? No. Albeit for an open world game if it indeed looks like this, it is impressive. I believe that E3 2013 trailer was the master race version max out. Who in their right mind would think that was console footage?

·
pass the lortabs
5,004 Posts
ehhhhhhhhh those look really awesome...wallet is somehow leaving my pocket.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
If the game looks exatly like E3 2013, I will be over the moon.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Hmm.. Could this actually be a good PC port? From Ubi? The screenshots look like the E3 reveal.. I won't hold my breath, but they might be going all out to show off the Snowdrop engine.

The 970/290 may be the recommended cards for most tripple-A's from now on, especially with Oculus making them a standard.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Really hope I can play this thing 1080p ultra with fx8350, and a r9 390. I'd be willing to sacrifice some AA, and shadows.

·
waifu for lifu
11,551 Posts

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keikei View Post

If that fooage is anything to go by, it's a downgrade through and through. I say watch the E3 2013 video. It's a day and night difference, just like Watch Dogs E3 2012.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

If that fooage is anything to go by, it's a downgrade through and through. I say watch the E3 2013 video. It's a day and night difference, just like Watch Dogs E3 2012.
Except he explicitly says the footage in the background is from the Xbox One version, and he was not allowed to record the PC footage...

Anyway it's awesome that they are putting a legit effort into the PC version. This is what these versions on PC should be like. Take advantage of what the platform has to offer. I'm mildly interested in the game anyway, but I will be buying just to support these guys and what they are giving us PC folks.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm just happy to see that it looks like ultrawide and multi-monitor support (with FOV sliders) work out of the box. This really should be standard now but sadly it really isn't.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts