Overclock.net banner

[VC] Alleged photo of ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 Ti TUF

2620 32

I can only image how much this will cost. Although rumored I would guess $2k-$3k range
NVIDIA’s new flagship GPU is also to be the first RTX 30 card to have 450W TDP, nearly 100W more than the current flagship. The cooler appears to be thicker and all three fans have more blades.

The RTX 3090 Ti is to feature GA102-350 GPU with 10752 CUDA cores. It will be the first NVIDIA card to feature 21 Gbps memory by Micron.

NVIDIA RTX 3090 Ti is now rumored to have January 4th announcement with January 27th release date
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
5,453 Posts
Wow... It looks exactly like a TUF 3090... Who could've possibly ever guessed???

It's just going to be another unicorn that'll get scalped like hell, so best not to hold your breath. Wait for the 4000 series

· Registered
5,415 Posts
Wow... It looks exactly like a TUF 3090... Who could've possibly ever guessed???

It's just going to be another unicorn that'll get scalped like hell, so best not to hold your breath. Wait for the 4000 series
I would say skip upcoming GPU more i think about. Target the 2023/2024 ones. It's higher probability you will want Meteorlake/LunarLake and AMD equivalent. You got Intel, AMD, Nvidia and everything should be better supply/logistics wise.

· Overclocker
2,778 Posts
Oooh look a gpu we can't buy lol

Although last week the MC by me got a 250 card shipment in one day. Was able to pickup the LAST 3090 TUF OC 2 days after the shipment . It's crazy because they don't announce it, nor do they even show any of the cards in stock on the website, they literally just had a handwritten piece of paper on the empty gpu cabinet (cards are all behind the counter) showing what cards they had in stock and the price. They just crossed them out as they sold out and didn't show the any quantities of individual cards.

• Rep+
Reactions: 8051

· Registered
5,453 Posts
Oooh look a gpu we can't buy lol

Although last week the MC by me got a 250 card shipment in one day. Was able to pickup the LAST 3090 TUF OC 2 days after the shipment . It's crazy because they don't announce it, nor do they even show any of the cards in stock on the website, they literally just had a handwritten piece of paper on the empty gpu cabinet (cards are all behind the counter) showing what cards they had in stock and the price. They just crossed them out as they sold out and didn't show the any quantities of individual cards.
Seems reasonable. They don't want massive hordes to be raiding their stores, after all. Best to give people who come in person first dibs at the cards rather than online scalpers.

How much did you manage to get it for?

· PC Evangelist
48,801 Posts
This is 8800 Ultra all over again.

· Overclocker
2,778 Posts
Seems reasonable. They don't want massive hordes to be raiding their stores, after all. Best to give people who come in person first dibs at the cards rather than online scalpers.

How much did you manage to get it for?

Well at Microcenter the hordes aren't as bad (at least for GPUs) since it it one gpu per household per 30 days. So you must have an ID to purchase the card and whoever shows their ID must be the purchaser. It works pretty well I'd as 250 cards lasted 2 whole days lol.

$2129 + 6% tax so about $2257. Everything is insanely overpriced so I might as well get the card that is the best at everything that people are buying gpus for (gaming/rendering/mining).

· Senior Overclocker
5,395 Posts
I wonder what kind of obscene price this is gonna have in Europe. A 3090 TUF is already like 4700 USD retail.

• Rep+

· Banned
5,111 Posts
450 Watts TDP, wow. That's without any overclocking and it's air-cooled, your case better have some great airflow to dissipate that kind of heat. Will it be 3 8-pin PCIe connectors?

It'll be great to have 450 Watts TDP during the winter, not so much during the summer....

1,529 Posts
450 Watts TDP, wow. That's without any overclocking and it's air-cooled, your case better have some great airflow to dissipate that kind of heat. Will it be 3 8-pin PCIe connectors?

It'll be great to have 450 Watts TDP during the winter, not so much during the summer....
Realistically 3090 already is a 450W+ card, it is criminally power starved at 350W. This is exactly the reason why it is only 8-10% faster than 3080. Give both proportional power limits and the difference goes to 18-20% as it should be. So basically 3090 Ti is what 3090 should have been if Nvidia wasn't afraid of 450W TDP, plus no memory on both sides of the PCB nonsense as a bonus.

Still cannot see any point of such late releases though, even if the cards were available. We are like 10 months away from 40 series announcement and they come up with a new flagship, like what for?

• Rep+

· Overclocker
2,778 Posts
Still cannot see any point of such late releases though, even if the cards were available. We are like 10 months away from 40 series announcement and they come up with a new flagship, like what for?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

· Registered
1,824 Posts
And after everyone sinks their money into this, the last drop will be squeezed by Nvidia with the RTX Titan....

• Rep+
Reactions: damniel

· PC Evangelist
48,801 Posts
Realistically 3090 already is a 450W+ card, it is criminally power starved at 350W. This is exactly the reason why it is only 8-10% faster than 3080. Give both proportional power limits and the difference goes to 18-20% as it should be. So basically 3090 Ti is what 3090 should have been if Nvidia wasn't afraid of 450W TDP, plus no memory on both sides of the PCB nonsense as a bonus.

Same could be said for 3080 and 3080 Ti. Both are power limited especially at 4K.

· Registered
987 Posts
Lemme guess. About $2295 plus your 1st born.

• Rep+

· Overclocker
2,778 Posts

· Crayon Evangelist
8,026 Posts
two please

• Rep+
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.