Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
According to Pnosker, a leak from chip producer TSMC says that NVIDIA might be recalling all GeForce Kepler based cards. GeForce GTX 600 Series may be suffering from performance degradation caused by long periods of heavy load. That's the second problem with whole GTX 600 Series lineup, as we are already familiar with Adaptive V-Sync technology causing stuttering problems.
Source: VideoCardz
http://videocardz.com/33185/nvidia-to-recall-all-geforce-gtx-600-series-cards

·
Registered
460 Posts
No way, they are going to issue a global recall? That is an INSANE amount of work to do and going to cause massive headaches for everyone.

EDIT: This also belongs in the rumors section, this isn't news by a confirmed source. It's just speculation as of right now.

·
Premium Member
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinru View Post

No way, they are going to issue a global recall? That is an INSANE amount of work to do and going to cause massive headaches for everyone.
It's a rumour, but if it turns out to be true it will be an immense embarrassment for the company

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinru View Post

Two things:

1. The article says "may."

2. intel pulled it off with their Sandy Bridge board recall.

Even if Nvidia decides to recall all of the boards (unlikely, IMO) the 680s at least had like no yield so there must only be 10 or 15 of them out there. Shouldn't be heard to round those up.

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
LOL! Yah dude just cus this article exists doesnt mean it will happen

but if this issue is true, then Big Ups to NvIdia for stepping in and acting responsible, rather than letting your $500 turn into $150 in a short amount of time

By now people have to have learned - but take it from me, I never buy brand new Hardware. I always wait a little bit.

I only waited a short while for my i7 build honestly, the money was right and the platform was way beneficial over my Opteron socket 939.

but with GPU, I always wait it out.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
On the first line of the article in bold it's said that this is a rumor. Why is the article in Hardware news again?

On topic: Not out of the realm of possibility but I'd like to see some concrete proof first.

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
has anyone had any issues with this?anyones 3dmark scores dropping on there 600's?

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Abt GTX 680 owners willing to testify?
tongue.gif

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
They should have done a recall on the reference 470's/480's if you ask me.
600 GTX seems to be a massive flop. Am sure the Kepler GK110 will be brilliant, but the GK104 seems poorly designed if you ask me. From stuttering, degradation and polling issues, to problems with data handling and reduce performance in software tests that render the GPU alongside the CPU. I was really hoping to buy 670's. Not so sure now, even if this is true or not. I just remember the time i had with the 400 series.
biggrin.gif

I am not an AMD fanboy. I have had 470 quad sli, 480 tri sli and 580 sli.

• Rep+
Reactions: ryanbob1234

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
This is crazy if it actually turns out to be true--I surely hope not. It causes one to wonder if they already knew this was an issue and their fix was to minimize the degradation by locking the voltage.
thinking.gif

No stuttering with adaptive vsync on either of my cards, so much for the second issue with the entire lineup theory on that one... I am not doubting that some may have it (I haven't seen any convincing data...), but it's certainly not everyone.

Flop?
rolleyes.gif
Unless this recall turns out to be true, then no. Heck no.

·
Registered
202 Posts
THEY CAN PICK IT FROM MY DEAD BODY!

No, seriously, I hope this isn't true, it works fine for me so far.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I haven't noticed any drop in performance.
However, when I first installed the 680s without updating the drivers my Heaven score was 2900.
With the updated drivers, it dropped to somewhere around 2300 on same settings.

sorry for quality.

this is now with latest drivers

all with no OC

·
1689 Federalist
11,741 Posts
Wow I hope this turns out to be false.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.