Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I check the temperature of my video card? I ask this because I'm wondering it the cooling I have on it is sufficient enought. Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think the overdrive feature will only work on XT cards. If your card supports temp monitoring, try ATI tool. It should be able to read it

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
you have a 9700pro, monitoring temps are limited to buying a temp sensor, shoving a thermomiter(sp) to it, or simply fingering it

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even though I like the fingering idea, I am very reluctant to stick my finger there
I guess I'll buy a temp sensor. Does the sensor go sandwiched between the core and the waterblock? Or would that impair cooling? My guess is that as long as the thing is smeared with AS5 it won't matter.

Now that I'm at it, I tried to get the stock paste (yellow one) off the core with rubbing alcohol and windex. Yet it took me about 5 hours and I was only able to take about 75% of it off :S I have the feeling this IS impairing cooling, so you have any other ideas to finish taking that stuff off? Oh yeah, even though some of the yellow thing was still on, I put AS5 on it anyway.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerFry

Even though I like the fingering idea, I am very reluctant to stick my finger there
I guess I'll buy a temp sensor. Does the sensor go sandwiched between the core and the waterblock? Or would that impair cooling? My guess is that as long as the thing is smeared with AS5 it won't matter.

Now that I'm at it, I tried to get the stock paste (yellow one) off the core with rubbing alcohol and windex. Yet it took me about 5 hours and I was only able to take about 75% of it off :S I have the feeling this IS impairing cooling, so you have any other ideas to finish taking that stuff off? Oh yeah, even though some of the yellow thing was still on, I put AS5 on it anyway.

Definitely want it clean as a whistle for the AS5 to work just right. Have you tried gasoline or mineral spirits (light fluid even) I'm surprised alcohol didnt do it. Crash! Get me my jack daniels! lol

As far as placement of the temp sensor, simply find a way to affix it to the lower end of the water block (the lower end being the an area closest to, but not interferring with the core)

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
use 100% alcohol on that nasty yellow stuff, ive come across it before and even had to carefully use a flat ended screwdriver to help remove it. as for the sensor, its about finding a place it will sit to both give accurate temps while not getting crushed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where can I get 100% alcohol? Can I just barge into de drugstore yellin': GIVE ME MY 100% ALCOHOL! I WANT IT IN MY VEINS!

Hum... well, I'm almost out of my class, I'll go ask at the drugstore and buy a nail cutter on the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts