Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PSU floats in voltage now that I OC'ed my 2.8c to 3.2 .My vcore is at 1.55v now so I'm wondering if it would be wise to up my vcore for a more stable OC?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
As long as the temperatures are fine increasing the core voltage shouldn't hurt anything.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
I just looked at your profile and you put down 52C load... I wouldnt go any higher with the voltage... Your temps are fine as they are, but any higher than that you would start crossing the "safety" line.

·
Banned
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got better cpu cooling coming I just have stock heat sink and fan now but better coming in a couple days....do you think that will help?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
You should try to keep the load temperatures below 50C on a Northwood core, and increasing the core voltage will generate more heat. Just monitor your temps under load every time you make a change in core voltage.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsLasher
I've got better cpu cooling coming I just have stock heat sink and fan now but better coming in a couple days....do you think that will help?
Better cooling will definitely help. It will most likely drop your temps, and allow for some more overclocking, if the rest of your hardware permits...

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
My mums northwood has been going at 65C load for about a year now.

I would try and take it to about 1.6V and then check your temps. If there abotu 55C then you can start increasing the FSB until you get unstable, try and keep the temps under 60C if you can.

If you have an aircon, take of your case side and put your computer right up next to the airocn so you get temsp under 40C load, then start increasign things to see what your max OC is. Then you kn wo if it is worth it getting better cooling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts