Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TLDR: Base clock hits 3.7GHz while Boost Clock hits 4.9GHz also Igors lab link talks about some features AMD is adding to Zen 3 to that used to be intel exclusive.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-16-core-zen3-ryzen-9-4950x-engineering-sample-boosts-up-to-4-9-ghz
https://www.igorslab.de/en/cracks-on-the-core-3-yet-the-5-ghz-sample-of-the-16-kernels-with-4-9-ghz-sample-emerged-on-the-implemented-further-x86-instructions-from-intel/

Igor’sLAB has an update to his story from yesterday. Igor has been very actively sharing AMD OPN codes for the upcoming Ryzen 4000 series processors. It all began with 4000G “Renoir AM4” series when Igor reported the correct core/thread configurations and clock speeds more than a month before it launched.

Yesterday he reported that some Zen3 engineering samples carrying 16 cores are boosting up to 4.8 GHz. Today he has an update with newer OPN code, indicating that the different samples can boost even higher, up to 4.9 GHz.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neat. Looking mighty good for next gen parts.
Yep and if they actually manage to hit 5.0GHz it will put intel in a corner and we will be seeing both companies compete for our money, we might even see CPU prices dropping or at least stabilizing.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice, will check it out later. so glad to see AMD having a selection that competes in the market
Yep, though personally id like it if they focus more on the base clock than the boost clock.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yep, though personally id like it if they focus more on the base clock than the boost clock.
The base clock is 200 MHz higher than the 3950X, and this is on a 16 core part. I would not be surprised to see 4 GHz base clocks for the lower core count parts.

·
LTSC for life crew
3,046 Posts
My 1600 AF literally struggles to run 3800MHz on all 6 cores. These new chips with IPC improvements + base & boost clock improvements are looking pretty potent already.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I was already going to be selling of my 3900X for the IPC increase with Zen 3, this already sounds quite promising...

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,813 Posts
Hopefully they'll also be great overclockers unlike Matisse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts