Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
professional curmudgeon
10,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interestingly, Lenovo also confirmed that their Legion T7 system will feature the GeForce RTX 3070 Ti model. This SKU has not been announced or even teased by NVIDIA in any form. Though, it aligns with the rumors that RTX 3070 series will be offered with both 8GB and 16GB memory. What remains unclear is whether the model is really called 3070 Ti or 3070 SUPER, we have heard both names in private conversations with AIBs.

There is, however, something to consider. NVIDIA clearly did not inform the partners with the full specifications until the very last moment. We have heard that the final BIOS for the Ampere series was provided only recently. The doubled FP32 SM (Cuda) count has also not been communicated clearly to partners until just a few days ago. Hence, some AIBs still list incorrect CUDA core counts (5248/4352/2944) on their websites. What this means is that Lenovo may still rely on old data, which could’ve changed over the past few days.

source

3080ti 20GB confirmed!

·
mfw
8,626 Posts
Guess we might still see a "$999" true 2080ti successor (3080ti).

·
Otherworlder
7,506 Posts
did they just shoot themselves in the foot?
the 3080 10GB doesn't make sense now, only 3070Ti and 3080 20GB are the proper choices.

·
waifu for lifu
11,093 Posts
Wait...can someone explain to me how you guys confirm the 3080Ti? I'm very slow this morning.

·
Indentified! On the Way!!
2,771 Posts
did they just shoot themselves in the foot?
the 3080 10GB doesn't make sense now, only 3070Ti and 3080 20GB are the proper choices.
Yep. If True 3080 doesn't make any sense for anyone.

·
Overclocker in training
12,904 Posts
Hi,
Probably more horse manure it is getting deep on 30 series.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I have been sitting here with my GTX 1080 since 2016. I really wanted to spring for the RTX 3090, but I'm not paying $1500+ for a GPU. So that leaves me with the RTX 3080, which is a substantial upgrade, but only having 10GB of VRAM is a joke. I play strictly at 4K and I don't want my VRAM to end up being a bottleneck. I guess I've already waited long enough. Hopefully I don't have to wait much longer for the RTX 3080 Ti.

·
mfw
8,626 Posts
I have been sitting here with my GTX 1080 since 2016. I really wanted to spring for the RTX 3090, but I'm not paying $1500+ for a GPU. So that leaves me with the RTX 3080, which is a substantial upgrade, but only having 10GB of VRAM is a joke. I play strictly at 4K and I don't want my VRAM to end up being a bottleneck. I guess I've already waited long enough. Hopefully I don't have to wait much longer for the RTX 3080 Ti.
You'd better upgrade your 1080 soon. 8GB of VRAM is a bottleneck, even at 1600x900!

·
Overclocker in training
12,904 Posts

·
Overclocker in training
12,904 Posts
Hi,
Yep funny none the less on this series though if true which I highly doubt.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,180 Posts
I guess it makes some sort of sense. I just assumed that refreshing the stack with Ti models would happen later in the life cycle.

·
News Junkie
8,232 Posts
Yeah 10 GB, you will be limited to solitaire and pong.

• Rep+
Reactions: cory1234

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Wait...can someone explain to me how you guys confirm the 3080Ti? I'm very slow this morning.
It was confirmed yesterday when Nvidia left such a huge gap open inbetween the 3080 and the 3090 both in price and performance.

They wouldn't do that unless they were going to fill that slot in in the future.

·
To The Game
7,612 Posts
So much fud surrounding this launch and its vram. Wish a company would just be upfront with us and tell us if they plan on putting out higher vram models in the near future. Think it's worth waiting a few months for a higher vram variant of the 30xx gpu's but I'm not spending the next year waiting on a refresh.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,180 Posts
Well it would be convenient as hell if all companies laid out their plans for us to see. I wish I could plan out all of my purchases for the next year.

·
To The Game
7,612 Posts
Well it would be convenient as hell if all companies laid out their plans for us to see. I wish I could plan out all of my purchases for the next year.
Companies do like them road maps when it's convenient for them. :D

·
WaterCooler
3,460 Posts
3080 looks like a great card, except for the low VRAM amount relative to its next step up. I will wait for the newer and higher models that will inevitably show up down the line to fill the product stack after AMD releases Big Navi. And then we'll see some performance and hopefully price comparisons depending.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Pretty sure this is a mistake on Lenovo's part. NVidia won't be announcing better value 70 Ti and 80 Ti variants until they have competition, and a 16 GB 3070 Ti only makes sense as a product if they kill off the 3080 10 GB.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts