1 - 20 of 988 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-teases-upcoming-geforce-rtx-30-ampere-series

The teaser season has begun.
NVIDIA teases upcoming Ampere series for August 31st

An Ultimate Countdown has started. A mysterious teaser has been published by NVIDIA on social media. The company has not revealed the name of the series, nor did it confirm the exact launch date.

A video teaser posted on Twitter is accompanied by a background image on the official NVIDIA profile page. It says “21 Days. 21 years.” This cryptic message refers to August 31st. This is the same date GeForce 256 was released in 1999, exactly 21 years ago.
I'm guessing this means the new series is 21XX and not 30XX.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Guess this means I better get cracking on selling my 2080TI. Now to figure out a decent price.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Navi 2 seems to be good so..... someone seems to hurry for the launch.... Cyberpunk 2077 is crying in a corner, alone, feeling betrayed by the RT champions..... the times of TW3 and maxwell launch are gone.... sniff!!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know this is going to fall on deaf ears but can we try and keep this thread civil.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Rethinking this and asking people to pick a color might not be the best idea in 2020.

·
professional curmudgeon
10,391 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just picked up a Cyber Punk key! Also just realized some cards may bundle the game.. oh well.. Want to buy day one but will likely wait until both green and red team show their cards! AIBs too!

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
I have no preference on which company sells me a video card, but since I am running a 1070 and would like to crank some settings up, I'll likely be going green just because they come out first.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,857 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
"Interestingly the number 21 multiplied by 256 (from GeForce256) gives 5376, or in reverse 5+3+7+6 gives 21 (this was noticed by Usman and Anthony). The significance of this number is quite obvious to our readers, 5376 was a rumored number of full GA102 GPU CUDA core count."

Lame if true. Titan V has 5120 already, guess it's an upgrade for 2080ti's and Titan RTX's. The full fat GA 100 is 8192 cores! Titan A Super may have that then I'll bite.
Not a moment sooner.

https://developer.nvidia.com/blog/nvidia-ampere-architecture-in-depth/

2121ti - 5376?
Titan Rtx - 4608
2080ti - 4352
1080ti - 3584

Nickel and Diming still... yuck.

·
professional curmudgeon
10,391 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Sell those 2080TI if you own them folks, you can buy an 3070/3080 and possibly come out on top cash wise and at least neutral cash wise and slight upgrade with 20% performance gain.

·
Booo
709 Posts
Good. Time to upgrade my 980ti. It's served me well for five years now. Now time for something now (already upgraded cpu/mobo/ram earlier this year). Hoping Watercool will follow quickly with waterblocks, as I'm not holding my breath for Optimus.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Good. Time to upgrade my 980ti. It's served me well for five years now. Now time for something now (already upgraded cpu/mobo/ram earlier this year). Hoping Watercool will follow quickly with waterblocks, as I'm not holding my breath for Optimus.
About to give my 980s the boot! Still keeping my X99 5960x @4.5Ghz for now.. already dropped in 64GB of DDR4 and M.2, updated Wifi and not ready to jump on a full rebuild yet. May be slightly CPU limited but we'll see by how much.

1 - 20 of 988 Posts