Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vcore in my BIOS is 1.3625 and in CPU-Z it is reported as 1.3280, i was wondering if the entire difference is considered vdroop and i was also wondering how much I could raise my vcore to make up the difference. I have LLC enabled, I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. Would it be safe to raise the vcore .0345 to make up the difference, and if I did and in my BIOS the vcore was 1.397 to make up the difference would that including vcore actually put my processor over the 1.3625 limit if the vdroop was taken into account. So OCN, what do you think?

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
What you're seeing isn't vdroop.

·
Banned
5,335 Posts
1.3625 pre vdroop isn't really a limit, but rather intel recommeded limit. Plenty of people go 1.5 or more (on water) to get high overclocks.

The issue, esp with LLC is that when your vcore goes back up from vdroop after load, it fluctuates up and down. if your voltage spikes too high it kills the chip.

However, if you can get it stable at the lowest volt more power to you, but a few volts over the limit wont hurt over the short run.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Thats not necessarily vdroop, it looks like just a discrepancy between the vcore in BIOS and the vcore reported in windows.

Vdroop actually only happens when you go from idle to load... so you may want to keep an eye on that when you do stress tests. With LLC enabled, it should not "droop" or dtop lower when you go from completely idle to 100% load on all cores.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I have to say I am totally vexed. I reset all of my BIOS to default and just adjusted the FSB and Multiplier to get approximately the same OC I had before. My vcore is something like 1.2220 in the BIOS and it seems as stable as ever. CPU-Z is actually reporting the vcore is higher than it was before, 1.344. I really have no idea what is going on. It seems okay to me, but the very fact that everything is practically back at stock voltages and I have stability I couldn't get at stock voltages before does worry me a bit. I can see how CPU-Z can be off, but Orthos seems a bit tougher to fool.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaxel
View Post

Okay, I have to say I am totally vexed. I reset all of my BIOS to default and just adjusted the FSB and Multiplier to get approximately the same OC I had before. My vcore is something like 1.2220 in the BIOS and it seems as stable as ever. CPU-Z is actually reporting the vcore is higher than it was before, 1.344. I really have no idea what is going on. It seems okay to me, but the very fact that everything is practically back at stock voltages and I have stability I couldn't get at stock voltages before does worry me a bit. I can see how CPU-Z can be off, but Orthos seems a bit tougher to fool.

Thats... odd. Do you have any software overclocking tools that may be resetting the vcore when you load windows?

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Automatic temp/voltage control enabled?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts