Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Two-point-three million copies sold in Europe and the United States alone, making Battlefield: Bad Company 2 the most successful title in DICE's long-running franchise:
DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio, today announced that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is on pace to be the top selling title for March 2010. With over 2.3 million units sold-through, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has become the best-selling March release on record in North America and Europe. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is winning accolades from fans and critics for outstanding visuals and action-packed gameplay with no less than 46 outlets having awarded the game a score of 90 or above.
The momentum of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 can also be seen across social media networks and in the game's statistics:

81 billion points have been earned in online multiplayer sessions
43 million weapons and gadgets have been unlocked in online multiplayer
Over 6 million video views on YouTube
2.9 million hours have been spent playing online in the last 24 hours alone
230,000 peak-concurrent-users (PCUs)
Over 44,000 Twitter fans (most out of any EA title)

Interesting facts. I have to give top marks to this game, the gameplay is phenomenal. I love the sound gunfire and how the ambient changes when you enter a room.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/53...tinum#comments

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

81 billion points have been earned in online multiplayer sessions

...and 10B of those points are by 100 players.

Server admin tools need to get up-to-speed.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

...and 10B of those points are by 100 players.

Server admin tools need to get up-to-speed.

well the server i run we have admin .... well not in game but we can ban ppl and remove them and change settings and what not
its like r-con if you want it for the OC server just hit me a pm and ill send you a link or anyone who runs a server for that matter its better then nothing

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
As I said they went platinum in the thread about removing securom, i had no idea they went double platinum. Once again this is the reason they removed Securom because they already made so much off the game.

Amazing game.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Jester View Post
well the server i run we have admin .... well not in game but we can ban ppl and remove them and change settings and what not
its like r-con if you want it for the OC server just hit me a pm and ill send you a link or anyone who runs a server for that matter its better then nothing
OCN servers already have a similar system up and running, though in game admin would be much more appreciated.

·
Senior Overclocker
4,998 Posts
I got to hive it to them. BC2 is the best PC game I have ever played. you feel like you're in a real war. Everything is so realistic.
this is by far the best multiplayer war game so far.
I still dont get it why most of the review sites give it a 9/10 .. this game truly deserves 10/10.

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
I love the game, but am being constantly torn away from it by other titles: FF13, God of War 3. Once I'm done with these single player games I'm going back to BFBC2, I miss it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryptedvick
View Post

I still dont get it why most of the review sites give it a 9/10 .. this game truly deserves 10/10.

For me it's easy, the ONLY complaint I have with the game is the horrid experience you can on occasion have with the login/server browser system, but once you get in game with a few friends it's beautifully done. The last time me and the local friends had this much fun playing a game together was not long after Left4Dead released. I personally give it a 9.5/10. 10/10 is a perfect game, and any game I've spent cursing at the monitor for more than 10 mins because of something out of my control does not get a 10, but I do not in the least bit regret spending the $50 on this game. If i never played it again I would still be happy with however many hours if already wasted playing it

·
Registered
397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryptedvick
View Post

I got to hive it to them. BC2 is the best PC game I have ever played. you feel like you're in a real war. Everything is so realistic.
this is by far the best multiplayer war game so far.

Because BF2 was way better.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
I love the game, but I still think it takes too many rounds to kill some one. Snipers should kill in 1 from waist and up

·
Registered
204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryptedvick View Post
I wouldn't say it's totally realistic, but we have Arma and Project Reality for that. For me this game strikes the perfect balance of realism and fun.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BravoV3 View Post
Should try playing some Hardcore then, Sniper is one shot kill.
No it's not. I remember shooting about 4 people in the upper torso and they didn't go down, but 99.99% of the time, they will.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts