Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Activision Blizzard, Inc. announced today that the Call of Duty franchise has surpassed $3 billion in retail sales worldwide, according to The NPD Group, Charttrack, GfK and internal Activision estimates. Since its first release, the award-winning Call of Duty franchise has sold in excess of 55 million units worldwide.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/51...ales-Worldwide

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
All those sales must be console kids.

MW2 was a failure on PC, if you want numbers to prove it just go look at the xfire hours played for COD4 & MW2, COD4 is consistently played more per day.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MAD_J
View Post

MW2 was a failure on PC, if you want numbers to prove it just go look at the xfire hours played for COD4 & MW2, COD4 is consistently played more per day.

lol, MW2 is still the 3rd most played game daily!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MAD_J View Post

Considering not everyone uses Xfire and it's still in the top 3. I don't see that as failure. I see that as people who haven't gotten the game yet but will get it for christmas. Just wait, By January MW2 will roll COD4 in sales. Especially whenever ignorant "leet" people realize it's not nearly as bad as they're thinking.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoka Cola View Post
Considering not everyone uses Xfire and it's still in the top 3. I don't see that as failure. I see that as people who haven't gotten the game yet but will get it for christmas. Just wait, By January MW2 will roll COD4 in sales. Especially whenever ignorant "leet" people realize it's not nearly as bad as they're thinking.
Agree, I was never going to play let alone buy the game. Was against the servers etc however I was begged to go to a local LAN shop and played with few mates. Totally changed my mind! The lack of grenades surprised me and the game was impressive online. Didn't mind the no dedicated servers and I am now defiantly considering it a purchase.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoka Cola
View Post

Obviously not every PC gamer has XFire, but it's a VERY useful tool with which to get a representative sample of the community, kind of like a survey...with millions of users. Just face it, it's not as popular as people thought it was going to be with the PC crowd. CoD4 still gets played more, and that's not going to change.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Quote:

View Post

If you browse the web, you'll see that Call of Duty 4 has been out for a bit over 2 years now

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grmnasasin0227
View Post

Obviously not every PC gamer has XFire, but it's a VERY useful tool with which to get a representative sample of the community, kind of like a survey...with millions of users. Just face it, it's not as popular as people thought it was going to be with the PC crowd. CoD4 still gets played more, and that's not going to change.

Yup, even better "survey" now is steam, since they are keeping you're total hours tracked for each game instead of just the last 2 weeks. Not sure how far they went back because it only says I have 256 hours of Source and I'm well over 1200 at least, lol.
MW2 is neat and all but I still rage every time I play because of the teleporting and lack of registration. 1 in 5 is not a good ratio for ok connection games.

In the end CoD4 will still be played more once it levels out...hell CoD2 is still played a ton according to Xfire.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lxcivic2k1
View Post

Yup, even better "survey" now is steam, since they are keeping you're total hours tracked for each game instead of just the last 2 weeks. Not sure how far they went back because it only says I have 256 hours of Source and I'm well over 1200 at least, lol.
MW2 is neat and all but I still rage every time I play because of the teleporting and lack of registration. 1 in 5 is not a good ratio for ok connection games.

In the end CoD4 will still be played more once it levels out...hell CoD2 is still played a ton according to Xfire.

That's because vanilla, UO, and CoD2 actually require some semblance of skill and the community recognizes that...I don't care how good you think you are at vidja games, you're nothing till you play one of those bolts only.

·
Z-80 > i9
17,244 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoka Cola
View Post

Just wait, By January MW2 will roll COD4 in sales. Especially whenever ignorant "leet" people realize it's not nearly as bad as they're thinking.

Let's see how long it takes you people to realize that it's just the same damn game with barely any new features and you just got ripped off like EA regularly does it with the sports games and The Sims series.

Yes, I have played it, the MP was horrible with 200+ pings, sure the hitboxes can be adjusted for that (And they are) but it also removes any form of skill needed for the host of the game.

·
Banned
10,581 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadi110
View Post

They forgot to mention how many of these were due to Console gamers, i think ill stick to CoD2 v1.2 Rifles only on toujane
PC FTW

Quote:

View Post

What does that matter? Those are awesome numbers anyway you slice it. Give credit where credit is due.

·
**** Linux
2,379 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadi110
View Post

They forgot to mention how many of these were due to Console gamers, i think ill stick to CoD2 v1.2 Rifles only on toujane
PC FTW

What the hell does that have to do with anything? This is TOTAL sales of the TOTAL franchise. What you said makes absolutely no sense.

Go be a tool someplace else.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Setzer
View Post

If you browse the web, you'll see that Call of Duty 4 has been out for a bit over 2 years now

and..., they are talking about WEEKLY playtime, not total. and its a testament to cod4, being out for 2 years and still more people are playing cod4 more than mw2 weekly. but not everyone has xfire and that also applies for cod4 playtime, not just mw2. still mw2 isn't that bad. actually its a good game but iwnet sucks. its annoying that you have to wait 1 minute after a round ends and you can't choose what maps you want to play in.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by unreal_calibur
View Post

and..., they are talking about WEEKLY playtime, not total. and its a testament to cod4, being out for 2 years and still more people are playing cod4 more than mw2 weekly. but not everyone has xfire and that also applies for cod4 playtime, not just mw2. still mw2 isn't that bad. actually its a good game but iwnet sucks. its annoying that you have to wait 1 minute after a round ends and you can't choose what maps you want to play in.

If you play Team Deathmatch, try Team Deathmatch Express.

10 Seconds in between games.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Setzer
View Post

If COD4 has been out for 2 years and is still played more than Modern Warfare 2 then that only proves my point, as these numbers are not based on overall time from the game release but hours per day.

Usually within the first few months of a game being released in general its numbers are the highest at that time, and then slowly decline over time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grmnasasin0227
View Post

Yup.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts