Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Surprisingly, that ridiculous Modern Warfare 2 special edition, with the nightvision goggles, will only set you back $149.99 (Activision must have received a very nice bulk-buy discount from the manufacturer).

The Hardened Edition, sans plastic head and goggles, will set you back $79.99, meanwhile, so which is it going to be? Vanilla, fancy, or super-duper with sprinkles on top? Let us know!

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/49...Edition-Priced
Holly shivers how can a game be so expensive? Seriously, 149 bucks? which is going to hit the 200 dollar barrier in australia.
I know omega has updated his thread...but I think it deserves it own thread. Sorry omega

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Lol.. I personally think it's a bit expensive and stupid, but it's totally cool. I'm sure some people would be willing to pay for it, so it's probably a good business move on Activision's part. I really just hope the game is as god as CoD4.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'll probably buy this just for the goggles and never touch the game.

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerdin
View Post

Last time i checked night vision goggles cost thousands of dollars, if these actually work then thats a deal

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerdin
View Post

http://www.opticsplus.net/NightVision/Goggles

http://www.atncorp.com/units/nightvi...sandbinoculars

just what ive seen browsing around, sure you can get them for a couple hundred from walmart, but do those actually work properly? I doubt it.

My dad has a NV monocular that I know he didn't pay too terribly much for. I've used it and it works plenty fine. You don't HAVE to spend thousands on NV goggles, but you can, and it may be worth it for someone in the military who has an important job that may depend on his ability to see in the dark, or even his life may depend on that. But the "cheap" ones (not like super cheap toy ones) are not bad (at least the several I've used, my dad's friend has a couple as well and I know that neither him nor my father would spend several thousand, or even a thousand, for NV goggles).

·
Jack Of All Trades
10,737 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murderous Moppet
View Post

I'll probably buy this just for the goggles and never touch the game.

You can go to walmart or toys r us to get a pair of lowend night vision goggle toys. Same things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aakar
View Post

Good milspec ones (REAL) cost good money. These are crappy little toys that are total jokes to real NVG's.

·
Jack Of All Trades
10,737 Posts
Probably would get you a extra 2 fps or like 2 more feet in NVG talk.

But you probably would need a true or something.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by litho View Post
overclock them ?
Only on OCN would someone think of overclocking night vision goggles...

I'm getting the regular one, rather get 3 games for 150 than one with goggles I will use 4 times :/

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HowHardCanItBeView Post
omega did you read the OP

roflmao XD
I'll be completely honest - nope.
I read the news article and hit post.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts