Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a Vega 64 and finished my whole undervolting/overclocking process using AMD Wattman. It used to idle at 950mvish and clock up to 1075 when playing games/under load (which is what I want). However, now whenever my card is idle it is on a static 1100mv, which is silly because when I launch a game it will actually downvolt to 1075mv which is my preferred gaming voltage.

I can't figure out why it no longer downvolts to the 850-950mv range during idle. I believe it has to do with my recent installation of ASUS GPU Tweak II Tool because it coincided with this problem. I've completely uninstalled ASUS gpu tweak II but I still get this problem.

It's a strange problem, because if I boot my computer on the default balanced Wattman settings, it will actually be in the 950mv range during idle. But as soon as I change the voltage to ANYTHING different in wattman, the core voltage will become 1100mv and stay there until I put the GPU under load. And if I revert back to the balanced settings, it won't go back to the 950mv range downvolt until I restart my computer.

This is really bothering me and any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I don't know how but it's fixed. I've tried system restores, DDU reinstallations of drivers, none of that worked.

But for some reason, I ran a TimeSpy stress test and by the time it finished my core voltage is at the expected values hovering around 762mV. I didn't even restart the computer or anything. Everything seems to be fine now. No idea why it took a stress test to fix it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts