Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so over the weekend i grabbed a new fan for my venom x (another GT 1850 rpm), i couldnt use it because i didnt have clips, also, i had to get a new motherboard over the weekend cause my other one died.

so, i was stuck with my 1 fan and Arctic silver 5 thermal paste.

last night i was doing some testing to see if my OC was stable. it was not.

after 2-3 minutes highest 2 cores were 78-79.

today i get home switch out thermal paste for MX-2 and added my second fan.. and wow. after 10 minutes temps stil have not hit 60 yet.

all same setting as from last night. so the thermal paste and adding the extra fan literally dropped the temps 20 degrees.
Granted i may have no done great at applying the AS5 the first time but still either way i would have at least dropped 10 degrees.

MY POINT---- if you have a venom x and are not impressed with it. grab some good thermal compound and good fans for push pull

EDIT: that was while the case was laying on its side and the panel off.

i stood it upright (panel still off) and temps went to 64. guess it was getting better air over the components with the case laying down and side off.

·
Registered
567 Posts
AS5 needs 200 hours burn time.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tanderson
View Post

so over the weekend i grabbed a new fan for my venom x (another GT 1850 rpm), i couldnt use it because i didnt have clips, also, i had to get a new motherboard over the weekend cause my other one died.

I know the curing time for TIM and additional fan will make a difference, but not as big as 20c. Just my thought

but hey as long as it performs well, who cares, lol

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it was 20 degrees in the first 15 minutes, and i didnt think the additional fan or TIM would make it drop that much, but now it is at 66 degrees for 15 minutes so we'll see if it keeps rising or not and ill post the end results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts