Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
With the holidays approaching at a rapid clip, Valve Corporation's digital game store Steam unveiled new digital gift cards in addition to those available at retailers such as GameStop and Best Buy. These will enable users to send funds to other users' Steam Wallet.

Users can send a digital gift card using PayPal, Bitcoin, and major debit or credit cards from Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and JCB. They will not be able to use Steam Wallet funds, however. As of now, it appears as though this feature is only available on the Steam website and has not yet been added to the desktop app, though GamesBeat has asked Valve about this and will update should we receive a response.
source

·
Registered
324 Posts
I wish they didn't require a steam account to buy one. I have a lot of family that isn't versed in the world of steam, nor do they want to be. If they could just enter my e-mail address and buy the card it would be much easier.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Kaz View Post

I wish they didn't require a steam account to buy one. I have a lot of family that isn't versed in the world of steam, nor do they want to be. If they could just enter my e-mail address and buy the card it would be much easier.
Or buy a physical one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts