Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to play wow, but I stopped because the gameplay was repetitive and boring.

So I'm looking to play a new MMO.

I absolutely love Lord of the rings lore.

Is the gameplay fun? or grindy?

and... what is the community like? and are there a lot of players?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The world is gorgeous, the graphics are nice, the community is 20+ years more mature than your average MMO, and the gameplay is wonderfully fun.

You'll eventually need to spend money to enjoy it, but you can still sub to the game like normal and have everything "normal" to the game, or you can spend money slowly and unlock things as you go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've really taken to this game, and decided to buy the Mines of Moria expansion which comes with a 30 day subscription. The only thing that I really hate is the limited inventory but that's pretty much a common thing with all mmos.

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Strawberry~ View Post
I used to play wow, but I stopped because the gameplay was repetitive and boring.

So I'm looking to play a new MMO.

I absolutely love Lord of the rings lore.

Is the gameplay fun? or grindy?

and... what is the community like? and are there a lot of players?
The lore is great, and your adventure is not the same as the movies so it won't be repetitive. There is literally hundreds of quests following the storyline that they put alot of effort into.

Gameplay is fun to myself, give the trial a shot and find out for yourself.

Grindy? Hmm every mmorpg has there own method of grind.
There is a few different ways to level up.

1. Quests (thousands of them)
2. Skirmishes - Mini instances you can do countless of times, there fun and start at level 20 till 65.
3. Mob grinding

Check out Landroval server if you want to join a few members of OCN, I myself made a new character just to join up with everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan125271 View Post
I've really taken to this game, and decided to buy the Mines of Moria expansion which comes with a 30 day subscription. The only thing that I really hate is the limited inventory but that's pretty much a common thing with all mmos.
Well they improved the inventory and item system greatly since launch and they still are working on it.
5 bags, bank Storage, shared storage, house chests & Kin chests.

And they eliminated thousands of items by different methods for example.
1. Quest items don't go to your bag, but your quest log.
2. Countless required crafting items changed to not need as much

Get MoM expansion, there is so much to do there. Even after the SoM most still play in Mines of Moria cause the amount of content they kept placing there was amazing.

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Oh and make sure you visit this thread.
http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/82...bers-come.html

And add what server and name you have so we can add you.

When you do decide to join up in the fight for middle earth.
In your chat enter this command.

/joinchannel OCN

Then to type a message

/1 *type message here*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts