Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, what in the world does that mean? Second of all, when I first built my rig (like 4 days ago), it would start up, and say this for about .5 seconds, but now it shows it for like 15. Is there any way to make it show for less? Did this occur, because I changed stuff in BIOS?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
yes it happened because u changed ur bios data and if i am correct its specifically due to inconsistent data about either ur cpu or ur ram...

u can first of all check all parameters to see if they are right and there are some mobos in which u can set the dmi pool timeout...

but check ur parameters again coz the moment u correct them the timeout will stop appearing...

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so what if I put all my parameters to default? Also, what to OCers do about this, If they have to wait an extra 15 seconds, just because they oced then how do they get past it. Or does that only happen when somehthing is out of place?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
it only happens when one of ur setting is out of order at least as far as i have personally experienced...

ocers when they get this... i guess they just generally realize something is wrong and go about fixing it..

just my experiences...

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm...so right now, doing the optimized system defaults button would be a plus?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrixMII300

yes it happened because u changed ur bios data and if i am correct its specifically due to inconsistent data about either ur cpu or ur ram...

u can first of all check all parameters to see if they are right and there are some mobos in which u can set the dmi pool timeout...

but check ur parameters again coz the moment u correct them the timeout will stop appearing...

I don't think thats correct. I always see it every time I boot up.

·
Administrator
64,455 Posts
Reset your bios to fail safe defaults then save and exit ..let it boot into windows then restart and make the changes you like to make then save and exit and that may fix your problem..Have you flashed your bios recently if so re-flash it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by beserkjay

I don't think thats correct. I always see it every time I boot up.

unfortunately i think in that case ur system is not set properly or ur bios option for dmi check is enabled...u might want to check ur bios manual and ur bios setting before refuting what ppl say....also his problem was it was running for 15 seconds which is usually too long for a dmi check

so plz check ur bios setup and ur bios document b4 u comment further..

as for the performance setting if u want to oc ur system i wouldnt suggest you do that but if u r content on just running ur system without touching anything else then go ahead with the performance setting default..

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, thanks! By the way, are these updates even worth flashing for?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
if ur mobo mfg releases a new release bios its always better to update the bios especially if 1. u havent updated for some time and 2. every1 says that is a more stable and reliable bios update...

·
Administrator
64,455 Posts
Quote:

if ur mobo mfg releases a new release bios its always better to update the bios especially if 1. u havent updated for some time and 2. every1 says that is a more stable and reliable bios update...

Indeed. Agreed you should always update your bios when released as it ads more support for some hardware and can unlock some options plus there can be a system stability gain also.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Quote:

unfortunately i think in that case ur system is not set properly or ur bios option for dmi check is enabled...u might want to check ur bios manual and ur bios setting before refuting what ppl say....also his problem was it was running for 15 seconds which is usually too long for a dmi check

so plz check ur bios setup and ur bios document b4 u comment further..

as for the performance setting if u want to oc ur system i wouldnt suggest you do that but if u r content on just running ur system without touching anything else then go ahead with the performance setting default..

Mine usually flashes for half a second or so before loading into windows, so i never bothered to look it up to try and disable it. Assumed everyone elses was the same...

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, well I took out that little battery, and then put it back in. It did reset everything, but when I went back to adjust my ram, it hang for like 12 seconds. Maybe I shouldn't adjust my ram at all?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
thats no prob mate
usually most ppl wont even notice its passing....

edit: what are u actually adjusting on ur ram? and by how much? ur ram seems to me to pretty good stuff for oc so something is not right here..

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okey dokey. Also I got another question. I installed Athalon 64 processor driver, I don't think it was needed, could I delete it (it was seperate from the other drivers on my mobo CD).

·
Registered
486 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kagaos

Okey dokey. Also I got another question. I installed Athalon 64 processor driver, I don't think it was needed, could I delete it (it was seperate from the other drivers on my mobo CD).

As far as I know, the only time you need processor drivers are when you have a duel core. So you can try uninstalling them, can't hurt anything I don't think.

BTW you have an Athlon (not an Athalon)

·
Administrator
64,455 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kagaos

No i would leave it as it helps the os to be fully compatible with it plus you may see a performance increase by having that driver.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
???? Where did I say athaloth?...oh nvm u mean...ok i got it...u mean athlon!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
yup i agree with enterprise coz i am sure the driver was written by biostar to take advantage of the athlon capability in windows environment....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.