Overclock.net banner

Verifying DMI pool data????

1503 38
First of all, what in the world does that mean? Second of all, when I first built my rig (like 4 days ago), it would start up, and say this for about .5 seconds, but now it shows it for like 15. Is there any way to make it show for less? Did this occur, because I changed stuff in BIOS?
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so what if I put all my parameters to default? Also, what to OCers do about this, If they have to wait an extra 15 seconds, just because they oced then how do they get past it. Or does that only happen when somehthing is out of place?

· Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, well I took out that little battery, and then put it back in. It did reset everything, but when I went back to adjust my ram, it hang for like 12 seconds. Maybe I shouldn't adjust my ram at all?

· Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okey dokey. Also I got another question. I installed Athalon 64 processor driver, I don't think it was needed, could I delete it (it was seperate from the other drivers on my mobo CD).

· Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
OKEY DOKEY! Thanks fellas! But the verifying dmi thing is now at a consistant 11 seconds. IDK why. I am going to un do my RAM adjustments, just to test, and see if it helps. Be back lata if I need more help.
Thanks,
Kagaos

· Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ok, well I got that pretty much sorted out. Now, I was looking at my BIOS, and I noticed hammer fid, what is that? What value would be the best to set it at?

· Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
OH, by the way, I ran CPUz and it said that I had one ram in slot one, and the other in slot 3. But they are both in slots right next to eachother, I have 4 slots (2 pairs) they are in one pair. Any thoughts?

· Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
OK...let me start ALL OVER.
When I first built my system, and started it up, after the main boot screen, it would show verifying DMI pool data. And it would show it so fast that you bearly had time to read it. (like .5 seconds). Now however, when I start up, "DMI pool data" stays on for like 11 seconds. What in the world could be the problem?
And to answer some past questions, this is how my memory is layed out according to my mobo "---" is ram slot
--------------------- <DIMM B1> Orange I am using this one.
--------------------- <DIMM B2> Green
--------------------- <DIMM A1> Orange And I am using this one.
--------------------- <DIMM A2> Green

What ones should I use?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.