Overclock.net banner

Verifying DMI pool data????

1505 Views 38 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Smitty099
First of all, what in the world does that mean? Second of all, when I first built my rig (like 4 days ago), it would start up, and say this for about .5 seconds, but now it shows it for like 15. Is there any way to make it show for less? Did this occur, because I changed stuff in BIOS?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
71,091 Posts
Reset your bios to fail safe defaults then save and exit ..let it boot into windows then restart and make the changes you like to make then save and exit and that may fix your problem..Have you flashed your bios recently if so re-flash it.

· Administrator
71,091 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrixMII300

if ur mobo mfg releases a new release bios its always better to update the bios especially if 1. u havent updated for some time and 2. every1 says that is a more stable and reliable bios update...

Indeed. Agreed you should always update your bios when released as it ads more support for some hardware and can unlock some options plus there can be a system stability gain also.

· Administrator
71,091 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kagaos

Okey dokey. Also I got another question. I installed Athalon 64 processor driver, I don't think it was needed, could I delete it (it was seperate from the other drivers on my mobo CD).

No i would leave it as it helps the os to be fully compatible with it plus you may see a performance increase by having that driver.

· Administrator
71,091 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kagaos

OKEY DOKEY! Thanks fellas! But the verifying dmi thing is now at a consistant 11 seconds. IDK why. I am going to un do my RAM adjustments, just to test, and see if it helps. Be back lata if I need more help.
Thanks,
Kagaos

Now this may not make any difference but try swapping your ram sticks about in different slots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.