Overclock.net banner

Verifying DMI pool data????

1505 Views 38 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Smitty099
First of all, what in the world does that mean? Second of all, when I first built my rig (like 4 days ago), it would start up, and say this for about .5 seconds, but now it shows it for like 15. Is there any way to make it show for less? Did this occur, because I changed stuff in BIOS?
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
OKEY DOKEY! Thanks fellas! But the verifying dmi thing is now at a consistant 11 seconds. IDK why. I am going to un do my RAM adjustments, just to test, and see if it helps. Be back lata if I need more help.
Thanks,
Kagaos

· Administrator
71,091 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kagaos

OKEY DOKEY! Thanks fellas! But the verifying dmi thing is now at a consistant 11 seconds. IDK why. I am going to un do my RAM adjustments, just to test, and see if it helps. Be back lata if I need more help.
Thanks,
Kagaos

Now this may not make any difference but try swapping your ram sticks about in different slots.

· Registered
1,111 Posts
yes as the man says swap ur ram to different slots...and another thing run memtest on it...might indicate if u have a ram problem...but remember that patriot has a lot of tweaking to do b4 its actually stable but when it happens it is a sweet girl...

also to beserk...it happens to the best of us and u r trying in any case...

· Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ok, well I got that pretty much sorted out. Now, I was looking at my BIOS, and I noticed hammer fid, what is that? What value would be the best to set it at?

· Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
OH, by the way, I ran CPUz and it said that I had one ram in slot one, and the other in slot 3. But they are both in slots right next to eachother, I have 4 slots (2 pairs) they are in one pair. Any thoughts?

· Registered
1,111 Posts
i m sorry mate..checking to bed now will try to be more specific tomorrow...but check ur mobo and see if the slots are numbered 1 & 3 as in the slots where the rams are plugged in right now...otherwise u might have to reseat them accordingly..usually dual channel rams must be physically plugged in into either slot 1 & 3 or slots 2 & 4....check the physical numbering on mobo or check ur manual to see the number

· Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
OK...let me start ALL OVER.
When I first built my system, and started it up, after the main boot screen, it would show verifying DMI pool data. And it would show it so fast that you bearly had time to read it. (like .5 seconds). Now however, when I start up, "DMI pool data" stays on for like 11 seconds. What in the world could be the problem?
And to answer some past questions, this is how my memory is layed out according to my mobo "---" is ram slot
--------------------- <DIMM B1> Orange I am using this one.
--------------------- <DIMM B2> Green
--------------------- <DIMM A1> Orange And I am using this one.
--------------------- <DIMM A2> Green

What ones should I use?

· Registered
1,111 Posts
ttry swapping both rams to the green slots and check if there is a difference...

but i think there wont be coz i feel it is some other hardware prob... but try it anyway

· Registered
1,111 Posts
did u install any new hardware? also maybe u want to unplug everything n plug them in back again....everything the ram, drives, display card ....everything.....or have i suggested that b4?

· Registered
1,111 Posts
clown....
i am sorry couldnt help myself....plug in the fdd again....that WILL DEFINITELY solve the problem... i bet my a** on it...

either that or go into ur bios and disable the fdd search option...

also u should have something which says halt on error.. select halt on none

· Registered
115 Posts
Apply power to the computer.
Access the System BIOS.
Disable both the Internal and External CPU Cache. These features are located in either the "BIOS Features" or "Advanced Settings" options of the BIOS Setup.
NOTE: Consult the System or Motherboard User's Manual for exact location of the Internal and External CPU Cache settings.
Save the BIOS changes and restart the PC to a System Boot Diskette. On startup, the screen should read:
Verifying DMI Pool Data
Update Successful
The system should continue booting normally.

After the system successfully boots, re-start the PC and access the system BIOS.
Enable the External CPU Cache. This feature is located in the "BIOS Features" or "Advanced Settings".
NOTE: Consult the System or Motherboard User's Manual for exact location of the External CPU Cache setting.
! WARNING ! User's MUST re-enable this feature after resolving the problem for optimal system performance.
Save the BIOS changes and restart the PC to a System Boot Diskette. On startup, the screen should read:

Verifying DMI Pool Data
Update Successful
The system should continue booting normally.

NOTE: If the aforementioned methods fail to resolve the issue, contact the system or motherboard manufacturer to either clear the CMOS or flash update the BIOS for your motherboard. This will entail either:

Removing the "Clear CMOS" Jumper and resetting the system BIOS; or.
Obtaining and applying a Flash BIOS Upgrade for your motherboard.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.