Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the latest update for my mom's Verizon Galaxy Note 5 (update version number ends with "BPD4") and after this latest update, the phone began losing charge like crazy. My fully locked AT&T Galaxy S5 lasts almost 4x longer than this Galaxy Note 5. Regardless of Wi-Fi being on or off, the Galaxy Note 5 battery goes from fully charged 100% to 95% in less than an hour while completely idle with all background apps turned off. I also use Package Disabler Pro and turned off all the crap-ware, but I used very safe settings not to disable any non-crap-warez function.

How do I fix this?

P.S. I have "Force GPU Rendering and "Disable Hardware Overlays" disabled in System --> Developer Options. Could that have a drastic effect on battery drain? It didn't make my Galaxy S5 drain any faster...

·
Dark and Dropped SUV
4,025 Posts
Does she by chance have something far away connected through bluetooth? Or is service really bad in her area and the phone is constantly searching?

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. It went from 63% to 3% over night (completely idle). Bluetooth is turned off, Wi-Fi is turned on and connected (not searching). Brightness is set to Auto.

Should I go to Verizon and complain? What can they do - just reset it???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts