Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting a used Iphone 4 16gb sometime this week from a friend for free. I won't be able to put on the verizon network cause I just got a job this last week. I was wondering if I would be able to use the phone to go WiFi and etc stuff like that?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funcrazy1
View Post

So I'm getting a used Iphone 4 16gb sometime this week from a friend for free. I won't be able to put on the verizon network cause I just got a job this last week. I was wondering if I would be able to use the phone to go WiFi and etc stuff like that?

Unless you plan on making calls via Skype, you cannot use WiFi for regular phone calls.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Broseidon
View Post

Unless you plan on making calls via Skype, you cannot use WiFi for regular phone calls.

Ahh yes I know.. I was just wondering it could be use as Music player like a IPod touch until I get my contract with Verizon.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by van13330gg
View Post

Yes you can use it as a regular ipod touch. I have a friend that does that.

Okay thank you very much
+rep

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funcrazy1
View Post

Ahh yes I know.. I was just wondering it could be use as Music player like a IPod touch until I get my contract with Verizon.

Sorry, I misunderstood the question

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory1234;15242118
Just make sure you didn't "pay" for the phone from your friend.

Unlikely your friend would give you an iPhone 4 that he/she paid for free, if you plan on using it I would call Verizon in advance to check to make sure it wasn't stolen. If it wasn't then your friend is awesome
biggrin.gif
Ahh yes I know haha. No I was there when he got it from the verizon store haha but yeah awesome friend
smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseidon;15242136
Sorry, I misunderstood the question
redface.gif
No problem haha
cool.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts