Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a vertical LCD display for a 5.25" port for water speed/water temperature.
Since I am going with the corsair 540.
Is there even such a display out there?
Or do I need to do some modding?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Unless you're willing to drop a significant amount of money on an Aquacomputer Aquaero, I can't think of anything to suit your needs exactly without a bit of extra wiring. You can get LCD fan controllers (some are even touch screen), but be sure to separate the RPM and power lines. Most pumps and some fans pull quite a bit of power from the PSU that most LCD screen controllers can't handle. In that case, you'll need PWM versions of your pumps and fans. Aerocool makes some, with mixed reviews. IIRC, the Bitfenix Recon was a decently priced touch screen controller. Lamptron also came out with a couple models a year or two ago that may suit your needs.

If you're saavy with programming, I'd recommend picking up an Arduino and complementary LCD/TFT unit. You'll need to learn C++ though...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I will go with the Aquaero5, since I don't need what the 6 gives.
Else I migth do the arduino thing you talked about. That would be really cool to make my own costum controller/monitor.
biggrin.gif

But is the Aquaero able to show things vertically?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WebsterXC you idea ain't bad, it will give me the costumability I would want and I would be able to verticalice it.
Thanks for the answers both of you.

·
13,090 Posts
If you are getting that case with a clear window, you could always fashion a mount to have the 5.25" fan controller with a regular horizontal LCD hand from the top of the case facing out the side window so that you can see it. You would just have to open the case to change settings though. You could get adventurous and actually cut a slot in the side window too and have the front of the fan controller sit completely flush with that depending on how the side panel mounts on.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post

If you are getting that case with a clear window, you could always fashion a mount to have the 5.25" fan controller with a regular horizontal LCD hand from the top of the case facing out the side window so that you can see it. You would just have to open the case to change settings though. You could get adventurous and actually cut a slot in the side window too and have the front of the fan controller sit completely flush with that depending on how the side panel mounts on.
Thats a great idea and the best option for not having to try and configure a vertical LCD display. However, if you really really want to go with the vertical display I am thinking that something may be configured with a regular programmable LCD + the Aquaero 5 LT + some of the software that is available for custom output readings. Im just getting together a build that needs to do something along the lines of varied and custom output to an lcd.

So @pet1 Im going to bookmark the post so I can let you know what Im doing and what I figure out over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unless the LCD has to interact with the Aquaro it could be a simple display and just giving you read outs, with the help of an arduino and some splitters, but would require some modding.
Again thanks for all the answers, i think I will start out with the Aquaro 5 pro and then later one go costume.
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
9,788 Posts
Buy a display panel,I get mine from buydisplay.com,get a corsair link or aquaero and set the display to run off the iGPU.

I do this a lot for great effect. You can buy touch variants too that run off usb.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lcdsysinfo seems like a good, option since it has a lot of the code in it already.
But it is sadly to big to fit into a 5.25 bay. Even without the frame it will require two bays. :/

·
Registered
951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pet1 View Post

lcdsysinfo seems like a good, option since it has a lot of the code in it already.
But it is sadly to big to fit into a 5.25 bay. Even without the frame it will require two bays. :/
you could just set it behind the opening and program your info to only display in the areas that are visible (if that is possible, I don't own one)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts