Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where price is not a issue which would you say is a very good if not the best 140mm fan for a radiator with a high fin count (16 - 20 fins)

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
EK VARDAR F3-140ER 140MM FAN, or something similar, maybe the F4 version.

I'd get those if I were to be buying right now. But when I did my loop I already had so many phantek fans, I just added to what I had.

·
More Vcore
1,569 Posts
Noctua Industrial 2000RPM series. Not too loud and has crazy static pressure. I use them on my high FPI HWlabs radiators. They are around $30 a piece and come in black instead of the tan and brown color scheme.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Noiseblocker and Phantek fans have my vote.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taem View Post

I ran them on low fpi rads, but I found the Phanteks 140MPs to be excellent.
I second this.

·
Hardware Princess
1,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The EX1 View Post

Noctua Industrial 2000RPM series. Not too loud and has crazy static pressure. I use them on my high FPI HWlabs radiators. They are around $30 a piece and come in black instead of the tan and brown color scheme.
I just ordered some 2000 and 3000 rpm Noctuas myself to test them out. Both have pretty high static pressure. They are loud at full throttle but with PWM will run quiet. The EK Varder are good in the 140mm size as well.

·
Premium Member
27,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

I second this.
PH-F140MP is a good fan for case, cooler and radiator applications.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
322 Posts
Corsair ML140's have my vote...

But as you can see, there isn't one perfect solution. Every single one of the fans suggested here will do just fine for you. Just choose the one you think looks best and has availability and go with that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts